AL East

MdSooner

I'm good with it. Of course I'd be happier if the O's were on pace for 111 wins, but I'll take it. I lived through many, many years of the Sox, Yanks, and occasionally Jays and Rays all being really good at the same time. Let somebody else deal with that once in a while. This "we only want to play/beat the best" sounds good in commercials, or after six beers in an... uhh... NL West bar or something. But I kind of doubt the 83-win 2006 Cardinals that won the Series look back on that year as a fake Championship.

For the 2nd time this year every AL east team got beat on the same day.

The AL East leader also has the fewest wins of any other division.

Sad and disappointing really.[/QUOTE]

Why do you say this? With the O's struggling, the weaker the East turns out to be, the better for us.

There's nothing remotely sad or disappointing about this.

Depends how you look at it I guess.

Toronto is hands down the best last place team in baseball.

In fact, you could probably make a list of the ten worst teams in baseball, and not have a single AL East team on it.

We just don't have any stellar teams like the Dodgers, Cardinals, or Tigers.

We'll see how things shake out, but I still expect an AL East team to be in the ALCS this year.

For the 2nd time this year every AL east team got beat on the same day.

The AL East leader also has the fewest wins of any other division.

Sad and disappointing, really.

Why do you say this? With the O's struggling, the weaker the East turns out to be, the better for us.

There's nothing remotely sad or disappointing about this.

Yeah, I don't understand the "sad and disappointing" sentiment, either.

Because of the fact that the entire division has gotten off to a mediocre start, the Orioles are still well within range of making a move to the top with a solid run, in spite of their own mediocre start.

The alternative would be if one or two teams were 7 or 8 games ahead of the Orioles ....... which I would find to be much more sad and disappointing than what is now the present situation.

We're Oriole fans, not A.L. East fans. The bragging rights of being in a strong division is fine, but it doesn't come before the top priority, which is the Orioles being in the best position possible to gain a playoff birth.

True, there's no dominant team in the AL East, but there are also no bad teams. This division is still very good imo, it's just that the teams are so even. The top teams in the AL East might look better if there were a terrible team (like the mid-2000s O's or Rays) to beat up on.

Archived