So, Are we good at developing pitchers now?

CA-ORIOLE

I don't follow the minors that much like some on here. Just have to say these guys they are bringing up appear to be ready to pitch at the ML level, which is a far cry from what I recall from the organization 4-5 years ago.

I recall seeing Wilson and Wright in ST and was impressed with both. Mostly Wright who I thought looked like a good reliever. Drake wasn't even on my radar though i had read bits and pieces about him in the Mil section. He's only a two pitch pitcher but man that splitter looks freaking crazy good and he looks like he can command it with precision.

Anyways, pretty rough start to the season, but some of these guys are giving me hope for the future, and they, from my understanding, are just the second tier guys.

I also think there is a trickle down effect. Our big league team had such terrible pitching that we were constantly rushing guys here. Chen and Gonzo have been huge for this franchise giving us stability. Now pitches actually have to force their way unto the roster.

All three guys have shown a lot of poise and pitched without fear. It's refreshing.

Neither were rushed either which may have some thing to do with it, but yes we are pretty good at developing pitchers. Its been pretty obvious that under Duquette we have had a plan for the young arms. The question was, is the plan working? ML debut by ML debut over the last few years, the question has been being answered.

I like that they stayed down until they could really contribute too.

Big deal, in my opinion. There will always be some learning/adjustment period but man it helps to have arms that are comfortable in their skin and know their game BEFORE being thrust into an MLB game.

Archived