Burning Questions

Rene88

I'm not paying Davis anything close to 5/$90 mm. He'll get Adam Dunn money.

I agree. I don't think any other team will look at Davis as anything other than a 1B/DH, and if you DH him you lose a significant piece of his value. I can't see any team likely to make Chris a big-dollar, long-term offer to fill one of those roles.

The only FA we might resign are O'Day and Pearce. Neither will cost that much.

Agree on Pearce, disagree on O'Day -- a reliable reliever averaging almost 2 WAR per year over the last six years should get at least a 3-year deal worth at least$6M a year on today's market. Maybe more.

Agree on Pearce, disagree on O'Day -- a reliable reliever averaging almost 2 WAR per year over the last six years should get at least a 3-year deal worth at least$6M a year on today's market. Maybe more.

I don't think I want to be paying O'Day when he's 35.

I'm not paying Davis anything close to 5/$90 mm. He'll get Adam Dunn money.

You have to remember he is the only 1B on the market worth considering. I think he gets more unless he repeats 2014. If he is 30/100/ .800 OPS he'll get more.

I'd be worried about the years. I'd offer 2/15M with an option.

I think Tillman is very much regretting not taking the extension. I would like to see the team invest money in players, but many of our extension candidates carry a lot of risk. Maybe more so than for other teams. I don't see the urgency in a Tillman extension. I would rather focus on Gonzo who could possibly sign a shorter extension for less money than Tillman due to age and having a short career so far.

We have a lot of pitching that needs to be sorted out. The bullpen is definitely an area they could go with cost controlled arms over free agents.

I would rather see the money put into position players since we are bare in that area. Hopefully they can sign a decent corner OF on the market this winter to pair with Jones.

I agree about Gonzalez. I read in another thread that he has 2 years after this season, so do you think he/Orioles would do a 5 year $35ish deal?

No He is 31 and the O's don't give 5 years to SP as a rule.

Well, 4 years and similar money? Just curious. I like Miguel, and even with the young pitching we still need to keep some guys. I just wonder with his background if the guaranteed money would entice him.

Here is a list of potential free agents. For those saying the $ will go to a corner OF, are you talking Upton? Because the Orioles have never been known to be aggressive with any free agent except when DJ was here (Tejada comes to mind). So we aren't getting into a bidding war with anyone.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/09/2016-mlb-free-agents.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think I want to be paying O'Day when he's 35.

Neither do I. Well, not $6M a year, anyway. The emotional fan in me really wants him to stay. But I also know that modern baseball means you can expect a constantly rotating cast of characters, which I find a little sad.. It doesn't really pay to get attached to fan favorites anymore.

I agree about Gonzalez. I read in another thread that he has 2 years after this season, so do you think he/Orioles would do a 5 year $35ish deal?

5 years might be much. He will likely earn $6M in arb this year and could do $10M following year. Seems his value is approx $36 over 4 years so maybe the Os could get him on a 4/32 with option? Try and add one of those handy dandy TJ for an extra year at $1M clauses.

Archived