Dariel Alvarez is warming up

wildcard

But man, that Parades and Snider are superb with the glove. Snider's arm from left field might get a blazin' David Ortiz:)

Jimmy P had no track record prior to this year which caused most to say he has no value since he has no position.

Let's be patient, he is a prospect. Prospects improve. So far, I like what I see. Good power, impressed with his range, needs to improve plate discipline. But he has a lot more potential than people are giving him credit for IMO.

Do you not remember how bad Parades played 3rd last season when Manny was on the DL?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No disagreement there, I am just saying if we went off past performance all the time, we wouldn't have JImmy on the team. Alvarez has shown (in my eyes) improvement with the bat and with his play in OF. I think he has a legitimate shot to be paroling our OF next year.

But man, that Parades and Snider are superb with the glove. Snider's arm from left field might get a blazin' David Ortiz:)

Jimmy P had no track record prior to this year which caused most to say he has no value since he has no position.

Let's be patient, he is a prospect. Prospects improve. So far, I like what I see. Good power, impressed with his range, needs to improve plate discipline. But he has a lot more potential than people are giving him credit for IMO.

I'm fine with being patient with Alvarez, though he is 26 years old. But the whole reason this thread is in the Orioles forum and not the Minor League forum is that wildcard is hot to see him in Baltimore (though I think he realizes that with the promotions of Reimold and Parmalee, Alvarez won't be up real soon unless some major developments occur).

I'm fine with being patient with Alvarez, though he is 26 years old. But the whole reason this thread is in the Orioles forum and not the Minor League forum is that wildcard is hot to see him in Baltimore (though I think he realizes that with the promotions of Reimold and Parmalee, Alvarez won't be up real soon unless some major developments occur).

I wish I knew more about his errors. 3 at CF and 3 at RF. Buck has said he is not a CFer so that explains some of it. Is it throwing or fielding or poor judgement.

His offense seems to be coming along just fine. I expect to see him in September if not before.

I wish I knew more about his errors. 3 at CF and 3 at RF. Buck has said he is not a CFer so that explains some of it. Is it throwing or fielding or poor judgement.

His offense seems to be coming along just fine. I expect to see him in September if not before.

It's almost impossible to tell if there even is a problem from errors from outfield in the minors. As long as he's not dropping balls or has a wildly erratic arm (two things I've never heard), I don't think there is anything to worry about. I've never heard a bad word about Alvarez's makeup to suggest he's anything like Puig. In fact, I've heard quite the opposite.

As much as I too, want to see him given a chance to play.

No room at the Inn, and not ready to dump somebody off, for a trial, not the time for this time of OJT.

at least IMO

You tend to forgot Reimold is a proven ML caliber talented player, and one is a prospect and hasn't done it before.

This isn't a last place team that has already tossed in the "white" flag, and it trying out players for next season's roster.

Is Reimold actually proven? Sure he had a good year 5 years ago but that doesn't mean much now. He barely hung on major league rosters last year.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Prospects aren't 26 years old.

Is Reimold actually proven? Sure he had a good year 5 years ago but that doesn't mean much now. He barely hung on major league rosters last year.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

More proven, then somebody who has never took the first pitch, at the major league regular season level.

Pretty sure the main issue with Reimold was his health and really getting back to 100% healthy, and not, his ability to play at the ML level.

Prospects aren't 26 years old.

Dan Duquette's prospects are.

I know what you are saying. Traditionally if a player was not in the majors by 23-24 then he was not thought to be an everyday players. But I think Dan and Buck have different thoughts on that. They don't go by age. The go by ability. It a different way of building a team.

Paredes 26

Roe 28

Givens 25

Joseph 27 when he debuted last year

Buck and Dan have a different way of finding and developing players.

I'm actually not that concerned about his age. I'm very concerned about his non-existant walk rate.

I'd be more concerned if it was accompanied by a 25% strikeout rate. But since he is only striking out about once every 9.25 PA, his walk rate doesn't concern me as much. Obviously, his OBP will never be anything to write home about with a walk rate so low, but a guy with his other tools could have some value.

Dan Duquette's prospects are.

I know what you are saying. Traditionally if a player was not in the majors by 23-24 then he was not thought to be an everyday players. But I think Dan and Buck have different thoughts on that. They don't go by age. The go by ability. It a different way of building a team.

Paredes 26

Roe 28

Givens 25

Joseph 27 when he debuted last year

Buck and Dan have a different way of finding and developing players.

Very good points.

Traditionally speaking, Alvarez isn't a prospect.

Archived