Andrew Miller DL'd with Forearm Strain

weams

Eh, I'd still rather use the $9M on an injured Miller than on W.Wright, Matusz, and Hunter.

Glad we won't see him this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But it isn't 9 million it's 4/36.

It's possible the Yanks are going to pay him 9 million next year for close to zero innings.

Hunter, Wright and hopefully Matusz will be off the books at the end of the season.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's still been worth 1.4 WAR this year. Even if he has Tommy John and misses a year he can still easily be worth the contract. Well WAR wise.

That's taking the WAR/$ calculation pretty literally. I doubt the Yanks would have signed up for 4/36 if they knew that all the innings in year one would be in April and May, followed by a year+ absence and unknown performance thereafter.

He's still been worth 1.4 WAR this year. Even if he has Tommy John and misses a year he can still easily be worth the contract. Well WAR wise.

Are we debating Miller's contract now? I thought this thread was about the Miller for EdRod trade. Miller's WAR in 2015 isn't relevant to that. Much more relevant: Miller was worth 0.9 rWAR last year, while EdRod has been worth 1.4 WAR already this season and is under team control for another 6.6 years.

That's taking the WAR/$ calculation pretty literally. I doubt the Yanks would have signed up for 4/36 if they knew that all the innings in year one would be in April and May, followed by a year+ absence and unknown performance thereafter.

You know what is even MORE freaky? Matt Wieters is worth .3 WAR. Having caught, what, three times?

But it isn't 9 million it's 4/36.

It's possible the Yanks are going to pay him 9 million next year for close to zero innings.

Hunter, Wright and hopefully Matusz will be off the books at the end of the season.

Sure. I understand that. But It's not like they haven't been able eat $10M for no production (Roberts, Brian) before. If they are allowed to spend the same amount next year as they have this year, do you think they'll come within $10M of it?

Also, I think it's a little premature to write Miller's 2016 obituary. The guy who pitched last night was supposedly done for 2015. He looked okay.

Are we debating Miller's contract now? I thought this thread was about the Miller for EdRod trade. Miller's WAR in 2015 isn't relevant to that. Much more relevant: Miller was worth 0.9 rWAR last year, while EdRod has been worth 1.4 WAR already this season and is under team control for another 6.6 years.

This thread is about Miller getting injured.

Sure. I understand that. But It's not like they haven't been able eat $10M for no production (Roberts, Brian) before. If they are allowed to spend the same amount next year as they have this year, do you think they'll come within $10M of it?

Also, I think it's a little premature to write Miller's 2016 obituary. The guy who pitched last night was supposedly done for 2015. He looked okay.

If you look close, you can see where I said "It's possible..." I was allowing for him not missing 2016.

This thread is about Miller getting injured.

Some of the same bashers that want to re debate the Miller Trade and the Off-Season would also like to punish the Orioles for not committing to resigning after they made the prospect investment. People still don't get that Free Agency is a thing.

P.S. -- in other news, Nelson Cruz has a .618 OPS over his last 17 games, during which time he has 1 HR and 5 RBI.

And the Orioles have won 4 of 5, Pearce has put up a .313/.353/.375/.728 in last 17 PAs, Wieters has hit .375/.353/.750/1.103 since his return and not allowed a runner to steal ;), and Chaz Roe has quietly become the 3rd shutdown reliever in the pen (.146/.239/.171/.410).

The small sample Gods may need a sacrifice though. :D

You know what is even MORE freaky? Matt Wieters is worth .3 WAR. Having caught, what, three times?

It's not really that freaky when you think about it. If Trout is a 9-10 win player, that means he averages about .05-.06 WAR per day. A pretty good day is worth about .1 WAR.

Archived