Insights on the Norris trade from the Astros hacking articles

Frobby

I don't think Wright + Strop > Hoes + Hader + pick, at the time.

I'm not sure that it would be a better package today.

Hader has a much better prospect pedigree but is further behind in development and therefore uncertain. Hoes hasn't hit, and the pick is a 5% or so at best. But I always thought Mike Wright was the next Jim Johnson at best (not that that's bad).

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't understand what "old guard" means here. I mean, as it happens, I am relatively old compared to many posters, but what has that got to do with anything?

You tried to come to their weak defense. Bringing up a trade and player that had nothing to do with the conversation. Stop being so sensitive. Sometimes I wonder if certain fans would rather just root for a team that lost for 14 years straight. Sometimes it's hard to root for a winner.

You tried to come to their weak defense. Bringing up a trade and player that had nothing to do with the conversation. Stop being so sensitive. Sometimes I wonder if certain fans would rather just root for a team that lost for 14 years straight. Sometimes it's hard to root for a winner.

Are you making most of this up to prove a point? "Trying to call people out." How is it sensitive? Only one that seems to have any issues in this thread is you. It makes sense to bring up the Feldman trade if we are discussing prospects and what length of control they were given up for. Or do you not comprehend that?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Are you making most of this up to prove a point? "Trying to call people out." How is it sensitive? Only one that seems to have any issues in this thread is you. It makes sense to bring up the Feldman trade if we are discussing prospects and what length of control they were given up for. Or do you not comprehend that?

And there's an insult. High and mighty. But that's the normal tone you have with myself, MSK, renee etc... Just calling that out.

And there's an insult. High and mighty. But that's the normal tone you have with myself, MSK, renee etc... Just calling that out.

How is it an insult? You said he brought up an unrelated trade and player. Which it wasn't in context. So you obviously don't understand it then. Not an insult. But yes, please try to play a matyr. It is hilarious to watch. This tone is the tone I have with anyone that digs themselves in a hole of stupidity and does a terrible job of getting themselves out. I will give you credit and say usually you make decent posts. But this whole trying to make a "us vs them" thing is BS.

Those would be the exception, rather than the rule, no? At the very least I would think there would have to be other positive evidence or something to overcome the presumption that that is not a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Foltynewicz, Vincent Velasquez, Aaron Sanchez, to name a few more recent examples. It isn't ideal; it isn't anywhere near determinative as to future role. If you are pairing it with a high SO rate it helps a great deal.

How is it an insult? You said he brought up an unrelated trade and player. Which it wasn't in context. So you obviously don't understand it then. Not an insult. But yes, please try to play a matyr. It is hilarious to watch. This tone is the tone I have with anyone that digs themselves in a hole of stupidity and does a terrible job of getting themselves out. I will give you credit and say usually you make decent posts. But this whole trying to make a "us vs them" thing is BS.

Go back and reread this thread. Look at the counter points to what I said.

-The Astros 2014 draft "bombed"

-Josh Hader hasn't made it to the ML so therefore Mike Wright is better.

-Strop has been dominating for the Cubs.

-Let's bring up Feldman.

-Deny us vs them but look at the posters that came running to the defense.

Go back and reread this thread. Look at the counter points to what I said.

-The Astros 2014 draft "bombed"

-Josh Hader hasn't made it to the ML so therefore Mike Wright is better.

-Strop has been dominating for the Cubs.

-Let's bring up Feldman.

Are you intentionally ignoring the reasoning behind the comment that they screwed up their draft? You know the whole losing their first rounder and subsequently Nix and one more over money and health issues.

I'm not sure why we're so vehemently arguing Wright > Hader. That is a really tough sell. I also wouldn't argue it the other way around. Both are talented young players with significant upside, issues that may significantly limit them if not resolved, and at least a likely future in the pen assuming health. Stotle has done a nice job presenting his rationale in this thread.

Nick usually does.

Now I'm calling you out. You seriously have to wonder what kind of team Frobby would root for? Then you label him "old guard", as if you didn't register here 7 years ago. It seems to me you're the one getting bent out of shape over a discussion about baseball.

Are you intentionally ignoring the reasoning behind the comment that they screwed up their draft? You know the whole losing their first rounder and subsequently Nix and one more over money and health issues.

Which draft are we saying they screwed up? The 2014 draft? We can grade drafts now only 1 year after they happen? They got a pick in this years draft for the Aiken pick. How can we say in 2015 that they "screwed" up the 2014 draft?

Now I'm calling you out. You seriously have to wonder what kind of team Frobby would root for? Then you label him "old guard", as if you didn't register here 7 years ago. It seems to me you're the one getting bent out of shape over a discussion about baseball.

So what are you calling me out for again? Registering 7 years ago. Was I hiding that? I'm not getting bent out of shape. I'm not the one neg repping anyone or responding to just my posts because they don't want to argue something with stotle. :vader:

So what are you calling me out for again? Registering 7 years ago. Was I hiding that? I'm not getting bent out of shape. I'm not the one neg repping anyone or responding to just my posts because they don't want to argue something with stotle. :vader:
You ask why I'm calling you out after nonsense like this?
I thought we were talking about the Norris trade though? Old guard to the rescue. I gotta just start calling you guys out.

"Old guard." "us vs. them." You see this whole discussion as some sort of a personal challenge?

Here we go. Bring it on old guard.

"Bring it on?" Yeah, that's a way to have a civilized debate, but that's not what you're after. You try and act like you're not upset, and turn around and complain about your rep. Let's see if you can continue the topic discussion without making it so personal.

This thread is making my eyes bleed. Vehement disagreements about who is the better AA prospect. People bickering, calling names and getting insulted over nothing. Honestly people, I think I'll stop reading and watch the Cardatian's.

This thread is making my eyes bleed. Vehement disagreements about who is the better AA prospect. People bickering, calling names and getting insulted over nothing. Honestly people, I think I'll stop reading and watch the Cardatian's.
I think that's a great idea but you need to figure out how to spell their names or you'll never find out what channel they are on.

Archived