Ryan Flaherty/Jon Schoop...

EagleOriole

So you'd option Schoop just to avoid DFAing Young? :confused:

Doesn't seem worth it to me.

I don't thing it is just Schoop for Young though. If we had a 7 man pen going and it was just a easy Schoop for Young switch I doubt anyone would say keep him down. Young is the one guy I think can get replaced but we will need to increase the pen very shortly and Young would be the guy that could go. If we swap Young for Schoop that means another outfielder is gone most likely later this week.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flaherty at 2B tonight. Delmon in RF.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Schoop feels much stronger than in April. Got to ground balls he couldn't reach before. Very excited to return but is Fine w some AAA time</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">June 29, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Schoop feels much stronger than in April. Got to ground balls he couldn't reach before. Very excited to return but is Fine w some AAA time</p>? Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="
">June 29, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yea, I bet he is fine with it.

Nice to see him taking the high road about it.

You know what's going on. Liking it is another matter.

It is more then just not likening it.

I can see zero rational reasons for keeping Young on this team.

Just like I saw zero reason to cancel Gausman's start then not use him in the double header then give him a short start with the intention of a MLB start on short rest.

If I could understand why they were doing it...

This allows them to have Gausman start on Thursday with Gonzo going down and keeping all the guys on the 25 man they can. Dan and Buck know what they are doing and will try to manuever the roster to keep everyone on it as long as possible or maybe the entire time before a dl stint comes up.

Pinch hitting. That is the only possible reason, though you may not think it is rational.

Pinch hitting skill isn't a skill.

Schoop and Flaherty are both superior hitters then Delmon this year.

How is it rational to keep a powerless hacker on the roster so he can pinch hit in the American league?

How often is a hard single going win you the game?

Last season we hit .193 as a pinch hitter besides Young who hit .500. This season we have hit .174 as a team pinch hitting outside of Young who is hitting .333. It is not the easiest thing to do and is something Young is very good at.

Archived