Ryan Flaherty/Jon Schoop...

EagleOriole

Jay Gibbons 5.6 rWAR

Ryan Flaherty 2. 6 rWAR

I like Ryan, he's very useful, but let's not get carried away.

I think it is possible (probable?) that Flaherty accrues another 3 rWAR over the rest of his career. Although at this point he is behind Gibbons' pace of 4.6 rWAR through four seasons.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it is possible (probable?) that Flaherty accrues another 3 rWAR over the rest of his career. Although at this point he is behind Gibbons' pace of 4.6 rWAR through four seasons.

But then he might hang around for a couple years at below replacement level.

Jay Gibbons 5.6 rWAR

Ryan Flaherty 2. 6 rWAR

I like Ryan, he's very useful, but let's not get carried away.

As long as Ryan never grows Popeye arms or fails a test, I'll give him credit on that comparison thanks. The Real Jay Gibbons looked a lot like Nick Markakis.

As long as Ryan never grows Popeye arms or fails a test, I'll give him credit on that comparison thanks. The Real Jay Gibbons looked a lot like Nick Markakis.

Just making the point that you can't be one of the greatest Ruke 5 picks of all time when you have half the career WAR of Jay Gibbons, who, even enhanced, wasn't that good.

That said, I think Flash might stick 10 years in the majors due to his versatility.

Just making the point that you can't be one of the greatest Ruke 5 picks of all time when you have half the career WAR of Jay Gibbons, who, even enhanced, wasn't that good.

That said, I think Flash might stick 10 years in the majors due to his versatility.

If Ryan Flaherty is one of the best Rule 5 picks of all time then that's a compelling reason never to waste a roster spot on one ever again.

I'm very happy with Ryan's production this season, don't get me wrong. But it took us a long time to get here and the guy is about to be 29.

Rule 5 has changed quite a bit. It's a lot harder to find the gems since the Bautrista/Santana/Hamilton days.

I wouldn't include Hamilton in that list simply because everyone knew Hamilton had the potential, it was just a matter if anyone would take the chance.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived