Manny Should Be Batting 3rd

Camden_yardbird

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please share. Thx cc.
I could link to the dozens of times I have talked about this in the past if you would like.

I could post a link to The Book.

Oh wait I can go the easy way and just link to an article then quote the part about hitting third.

http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2009/3/17/795946/optimizing-your-lineup-by

There you go.

The Book of course goes into more depth.

Basically the 3rd hitter comes up with two out none on more then you would think.

Ripken is saying that he is happy enough with Manny batting leadoff.

That isn't what you said at all.

But way to keep going with your streak of misrepresenting things. :thumbsup1:

You are right as I responded to the wrong post! I thought I was responding to the OP as I meant to agree with it as I am a big proponent of batting Manny third and as you know wanted this before the A S break. I think batting him leadoff is dumb.

You are right as I responded to the wrong post! I thought I was responding to the OP as I meant to agree with it as I am a big proponent of batting Manny third and as you know wanted this before the A S break. I think batting him leadoff is dumb.

Who would you bat leadoff then? Travis Snider? Nolan Reimold? Jimmy Paredes with his 5.0% BB rate? I'm fine with Manny leading off. Hopefully, the Orioles can get a good OBP guy like Fowler or Zobrist in the off-season so they can move Manny down the order but for now, the best lineup for the Orioles has Manny being in the leadoff spot.

Who would you bat leadoff then? Travis Snider? Nolan Reimold? Jimmy Paredes with his 5.0% BB rate? I'm fine with Manny leading off. Hopefully, the Orioles can get a good OBP guy like Fowler or Zobrist in the off-season so they can move Manny down the order but for now, the best lineup for the Orioles has Manny being in the leadoff spot.

Reimold would be my choice vrs LH starters and either Snider or possibly Lough vrs RH starters but they really need to obtain someone better. Paredes should bat 2nd and Manny third with Jones 4th or you could possibly swap Jones and Manny against certain match ups.

Good on you for admitting the mistake.

There you go.

The Book of course goes into more depth.

Basically the 3rd hitter comes up with two out none on more then you would think.

This and how volatile relievers are, are two things I've really learned from you.

But onto would I would like to see happen. So ideally our lineup would look like this the rest of the year if things break right.

1. leadoff guy (Zobrist,Murphy,Parra) Obviously going to have to make a trade

2. Machado

3. Parades

4. Jones

5. Davis

I don't know if Manny should be batting 3rd, but ideally he should not be batting leadoff. He needs to hit in a spot in the order where he gets more opportunities to hit with men on base and drive in runs and this team needs a leadoff hitter. I have made this argument several times over the past several weeks/months and I will continue to. Hopefully the front office effectively uses the freed up money in the offseason.

I don't know if Manny should be batting 3rd, but ideally he should not be batting leadoff. He needs to hit in a spot in the order where he gets more opportunities to hit with men on base and drive in runs and this team needs a leadoff hitter. I have made this argument several times over the past several weeks/months and I will continue to. Hopefully the front office effectively uses the freed up money in the offseason.

Yes, better players would make us better and it's too bad Rickey Henderson isn't laying around. What a great case. Thanks Herman.

Over the last 30 days, your leaders in team OBP:

1. Machado .430

2. Paredes .346

3. Schoop .345

4. Pearce .325

5. Davis .320

Machado and Paredes aren't going anywhere. Schoop should move up soon. Pearce should continue to see action over Reimold and occasionally bat #2 in place of Paredes. Davis should continue batting 4th.

In other words, let Buck do his job. He knows what he's doing.

Over the last 30 days, your leaders in team OBP:

1. Machado .430

2. Paredes .346

3. Schoop .345

4. Pearce .325

5. Davis .320

Machado and Paredes aren't going anywhere. Schoop should move up soon. Pearce should continue to see action over Reimold and occasionally bat #2 in place of Paredes. Davis should continue batting 4th.

In other words, let Buck do his job. He knows what he's doing.

Don't you know management is incompetent and Herman is on the case. I guess we can't get Upton because he's not a leadoff hitter and our idiot management will still have Manny batting leadoff.

Archived