Please explain today's lineup to me!

sfosfan

I just don't get it. Lough leading off and Davis second. :confused:

Edit: I know there's an ongoing lineup thread, just thought today's was deserving of special attention. if not, I'll go back to the other one. :D

Deck chairs.

Shaking things up.

Drawing stuff out of a hat.

I just don't get it. Lough leading off and Davis second. :confused:

Edit: I know there's an ongoing lineup thread, just thought today's was deserving of special attention. if not, I'll go back to the other one. :D

When I first turned on the game, I heard that Lough was leading off. I asked myself, "what has Buck been smoking???!!!"

(I think it was) Lough's 2nd at bat with 1 out, he got a hit and was on base, following (I believe it was) Hardy and Schoop. I told myself, "maybe Buck really knows something that I don't know." The bases were loaded. However, I told myself that he and the others would be stranded. Then Chris Davis came to the plate and there were 2 strikes on him. I told myself, "he's going to hit into a double play. End of rally!" But then, but then.... The ball went sailing out of the park, absolutely no doubt about it. Grand slam! I almost went into cardiac arrest. Orioles are winning 4-0!

Gonzo continued to pitch well, with good fastball command. And David Lough hit the ball down the right field line, dashed around the bases, got a triple,and scored on a throwing error. Orioles 5-0! Eventually, one of the Rays hit a solo HR and the game ended up 5-1. ORIOLES ACTUALLY WIN!!!! :smile11:

Maybe Lough should bat lead-off for the rest of the season. :D

I'm thinking Can was right- this was just too shake things up. It worked. But next time Buck wants to shake it up, I hope he just just drops trow in a locker room speech (God bless Mike Singletary ). It will work just as well and save me the heart attack. ?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Lough is a decent base runner with pace to burn.

Assuming he can get a run in the side and get some consistent at-bats, wouldn't he be a more than decent option as a lead-off hitter? Well as good as many other options at least?

Or is there something I'm missing?

Lough is a decent base runner with pace to burn.

Assuming he can get a run in the side and get some consistent at-bats, wouldn't he be a more than decent option as a lead-off hitter? Well as good as many other options at least?

Or is there something I'm missing?

The leadoff hitters man job is to not make outs.

Lough has not been proficient in that regard.

His OBP has been lacking and he has created numerous outs on the basepaths.

Archived