Mike Aviles....My First Favorite Indians Player...*Tear Jerker Alert*

SteveO

I had not run into this until I saw as a related story on a article about Farrell and his lymphoma. I can honestly say I rarely if ever cry but this vid had my on that precipice. The thing that stuck out to me was the happiness in Mike Aviles face, now I got a guy I like in Cleveland. Wish him and his family the best in their daughters tough fight ahead.I felt compelled to post this, sick kids need all the good vibes they can get, its never fair, hopeful a few people see it and send out their prayers/good vibes/happy thoughts or whatever it is you do their way.

[video=youtube;m2WLanB1PY4]

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• McKenna was terrible tonight. Way too frequently when he gets put into the game as a defensive replacement going back to last season, he looks like he's never played the outfield before. Santander would have thrown out the runner at plate easily, and Santander doesn't take bad routes in the outfield (McKenna consistently does so). Hyde can't make the mistake of bringing in McKenna to replace Santander in RF for "defense" again, but Hyde definitely will while McKenna is still on the roster. It's frustrating that both Elias and Hyde refuse to recognize that benching Mullins against lefties, sliding Cowser over to CF, and playing Kjerstad in LF not only makes the team better, but also gives Heston the best opportunity to get playing time. Elias and Hyde have handled Kjerstad's playing time extremely poorly. Elias's infatuation with McKenna is ridiculous. He's a bad baseball player that no other team's decision-makers value. Except for Elias and Hyde.
    • And remember , Kimbrel hasn't been facing the 27' Yankees. Mostly pretty soft batters. Eddie Rosario HR? Really? Eddie Rosario?
    • He fades later in the season usually, We saw him last year in LA...he had a good run EARLY, but faded...Hes fading already. He'll be 36 in two weeks...He's pitching on bald treads.Fumes.
    • Ben Clemens FanGraphs Chat - 5/6/24 | FanGraphs Baseball
    • Hyde said he's sticking with him, we'll see how much rope he gets.
    • I honestly thought the last out of the game was misplayed as well. He had plenty of time but had to reach back for it a bit. I don't get why he's considered a plus defender.
    • He didnt have his command, but his stuff was great, the pitch count felled him.I'm encouraged.I also think Bradish is a bulldog, and very dependable.If Means is also legit, I thought about one of the starters in the pen to close...maybe Irvin?Or as wild as it may seem....Grayson. Of course we may have Tyler Wells, or we might bring up Povich or McDermott...If Means looks good again and has no pain...The Orioles have a surplus of good arms and good pitchers...but they gotta move Kimbrel out of there..
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now