Baltimore Business Journal: Orioles plan major upgrades for Camden Yards

fansince1988

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish they would fix some of the rows in the lower bowl. Some of the seats are not aligned right and the seats behind them have very little legroom. I have seen this in three sections and perhaps 15 seats. I am not sure if this is a problem in other sections but it should not take to long to fix since it is not many seats.

I wish they would fix some of the rows in the lower bowl. Some of the seats are not aligned right and the seats behind them have very little legroom. I have seen this in three sections and perhaps 15 seats. I am not sure if this is a problem in other sections but it should not take to long to fix since it is not many seats.

Yeah, I sat in section 20 this year in the 20th row or so and I was shocked how uncomfortable it was.

Yeah, I sat in section 20 this year in the 20th row or so and I was shocked how uncomfortable it was.

Yeah,that is one of the sections I exchanged my tickets for. I think it was 20 and end of the row. I am pretty tall and could not put my legs out straight. Section 56 or 58,also has a row toward the end with no leg room. I told my Rep and he said they knew about it and something about the concrete was not laid right in a few sections and rows.

I'm also in Section 20, and one of the problems, at least in my row (13), is that the seats are slightly askew from the row in front of them, so that the cupholders do no line up. The cupholders are to the right of the seat, so that for me to reach my drink requires me to reach over the left knee of the person next to me. Moreover, inevitably someone in the row thinks their cupholder is the one next to their left knee, and somebody ends up without a cupholder. Plus, there is no room for your knee if you are even slightly tall, and you end up sitting in a position where your torso is angled slightly away from home plate, which wears on you after 3 hours. Frankly, I'd rather have no cupholders at all than have these misaligned ones.

I'm also in Section 20, and one of the problems, at least in my row (13), is that the seats are slightly askew from the row in front of them, so that the cupholders do no line up. The cupholders are to the right of the seat, so that for me to reach my drink requires me to reach over the left knee of the person next to me. Moreover, inevitably someone in the row thinks their cupholder is the one next to their left knee, and somebody ends up without a cupholder. Plus, there is no room for your knee if you are even slightly tall, and you end up sitting in a position where your torso is angled slightly away from home plate, which wears on you after 3 hours. Frankly, I'd rather have no cupholders at all than have these misaligned ones.

The one section ,I think it is Section 12 they took out the cupholder because unless you are 5 feet or less no one can seat in this one seat. I have been to many pro and minor league stadiums and Camden in some seats has the least amount of leg room of any stadium I have ever been in. These are not the bleachers or upper deck seats but the more expensive seats. They do have many seats not aligned right so they go too far back into the next row or don't line up with the cupholders. Glad to know i am not the only one who has seen this. From now on i am going to write down the seats that have no legroom or broken cupholders and put it online to warn other people buying tickets.

Love the open concourse idea! If you're listening Mr. Angelos, please get going on that!

That's probably the one thing I envy when I go to a visiting stadium (philly, toronto, milwaukee come to mind quickly). It would really add to the fan experience.

Oh, 2nd biggest complaint by the way? Ridiculous animated hot dog race....but I'll table that for now.

The lower bowl is really quirky. I have seats that are wide and comfortable. I love them . I had to exchange them for a game where my seats were already taken. I exchanged them for the row in front of my normal seats , same section just one row difference. The seat was like some Medieval torture chamber. I couldn't sit in them for more than a 1/2 inning with out getting up. They are so inconsistent from row to row, section to section.

The lower bowl is really quirky. I have seats that are wide and comfortable. I love them . I had to exchange them for a game where my seats were already taken. I exchanged them for the row in front of my normal seats , same section just one row difference. The seat was like some Medieval torture chamber. I couldn't sit in them for more than a 1/2 inning with out getting up. They are so inconsistent from row to row, section to section.

It could be worse. We could always play in fenway where the seats are designed for midgets.

Archived