Baltimore Business Journal: Orioles plan major upgrades for Camden Yards

fansince1988

The lower bowl is really quirky. I have seats that are wide and comfortable. I love them . I had to exchange them for a game where my seats were already taken. I exchanged them for the row in front of my normal seats , same section just one row difference. The seat was like some Medieval torture chamber. I couldn't sit in them for more than a 1/2 inning with out getting up. They are so inconsistent from row to row, section to section.

Me too. My seats are great but when i exchanged for an additional seat twice this year ,i ended up with my knees into my chest. Other chose I seat at a weird angle and block people behind me. Last time,i changes my seat with a kid who was 4 "2'. Most seats are fine in the lower bowl but you have that quirky row or two in some sections. So far i have found it in three sections.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd vote to change the angle that some seats are facing. Went to a game and had seats down the 3rd base line in the shade, my neck was hurting by the 3rd inning because the seats are directed towards the scoreboard and had to turn my head a good 75 degrees to the right to watch the hitter

I went to see the Orioles play at Comiskey Park last summer and I loved the open concourses. As nice of a feature as this would be at Camden Yards, I would prefer that more money be invested in the payroll

different pockets. completely. the 2 have nothing at all to do with each other.

Add the open concourse, build another upperdeck bar to make tickets to CF easier to get, lose the obnoxious neon Dempsey's sign on the warehouse. If you hang anything on the warehouse, bring back the "2131" banners. I still remember going to a dozen or more games leading up to and including Sept. 6th, and the music blaring when they added another number to the banners. It still chokes me up a little. Fast forward to 1:46:05 when the music starts

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5jUkeTAJvAQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Damn you Orioles for making me buy a freakin' John Tesh CD ;)<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U0vKiBTwSo4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

P.S. Notice who pitched for the O's that game. :D

This is just a cosmetic thing, but I would suggest they put the same matching brick that is behind home plate (and some other places) along the concrete walkways behind the lower bowl and the upper deck. It's a nice look and I'd like to see them extend that. Currently, I think it's only under the press box area.

The open concourse is a nice idea. The first place I ever saw that was at the Pirates park the year it opened. I was very impressed with hit. It's one thing to say you saw a great play on a video monitor at the beer stand, but to look over the vendor's shoulder and see the play for yourself is pretty special.

I wish they would fix some of the rows in the lower bowl. Some of the seats are not aligned right and the seats behind them have very little legroom. I have seen this in three sections and perhaps 15 seats. I am not sure if this is a problem in other sections but it should not take to long to fix since it is not many seats.

One of my friends that went with me to Hangout Night (Section 12) is 6'4", maybe a half inch + that, and he was cramped to the point of being extremely uncomfortable the entire game. The row in front of us was way too close and the cup holders prevented him from adjusting in any way to get reasonably comfortable. No one was sitting to the right of us so he moved down a seat so he could sort of angle his knee a bit into the seat next to him but it wasn't an optimum solution. He never did get comfortable.

Sounds just like Nats stadium.

GO see a game at PNC too. The open concourse is one of the biggest quality of experience changes a stadium can have. OPACY already has a bit of that on Eutaw street, but doing the same for the other side of the park would always give you a view of the warehouse. That said, I would imagine this would be a huge upgrade as I imagine some of the walls they would have to take down are load bearing.

GO see a game at PNC too. The open concourse is one of the biggest quality of experience changes a stadium can have. OPACY already has a bit of that on Eutaw street, but doing the same for the other side of the park would always give you a view of the warehouse. That said, I would imagine this would be a huge upgrade as I imagine some of the walls they would have to take down are load bearing.

The Angels stadium was retrofitted with an open concourse that is aesthetically pleasing. Not sure how expensive an open concourse renovation would be, but it would definitely by substantial.

Archived