Any Bullets Left?.....Or Going Down In Flames?

olehippi

Regardless, DD knew we were losing 40 HRs and 100-plus RBI that Cruz supplied in 2014. If the braintrust didn't think Cruz could provide those numbers, they certainly should've gone out and gotten someone who they thought could fill that gaping hole in the lineup. Instead, we got Travis Snider. Nolan Reimold. Chris Parmelee. I must be forgetting the big bat they added to replace the aging, overpriced Cruz.

What. A. Joke.

This horse's death certificate is readily available via Google image search.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree its beating a dead horse, but it IS THE story of the year.We went from a dangerous team offensively, where even if one or two players were slumping someone else would pick up the slack.

Not true this season. And if we lose Davis next year, we will struggle even more for runs.

THE CRUZ NON SIGN IS THE headline STORY OF THE SEASON.

That,and the pitching fails.

What else are we supposed to talk about while this season goes down in flames? Maybe the front office will actually learn from the Cruz mistake, and re-sign one of this year's "overpriced" FAs.

That's why I agree with your other thread about them pretty much having little choice but to sign Davis. The fanbase is going to revolt if they sit on their hands for another off-season, while we still have a decent number of quality pieces in place.

What else are we supposed to talk about while this season goes down in flames? Maybe the front office will actually learn from the Cruz mistake, and re-sign one of this year's "overpriced" FAs.

That's why I agree with your other thread about them pretty much having little choice but to sign Davis. The fanbase is going to revolt if they sit on their hands for another off-season, while we still have a decent number of quality pieces in place.

They haven't learned anything they didn't already know! Angeles was not going to allow the extra money needed for Cruz. IMO Cruz could've been retained for less than he got during the season. I can't prove this ...but he seemed like the kind of guy that put stock in being wanted and liked being here. I think he would've jumped at the idea before free agency.

Regardless, DD knew we were losing 40 HRs and 100-plus RBI that Cruz supplied in 2014. If the braintrust didn't think Cruz could provide those numbers, they certainly should've gone out and gotten someone who they thought could fill that gaping hole in the lineup. Instead, we got Travis Snider. Nolan Reimold. Chris Parmelee. I must be forgetting the big bat they added to replace the aging, overpriced Cruz.

What. A. Joke.

The joke is people think this team misses Nelson Cruz and his 40 HR's

This team has two average starters and 3 bad starters. When Norris was in the rotation we had one average starter and 4 bad starters.

Starting pitching is the difference between the 2014 Orioles and the 2015 Orioles. Last I looked Nelson Cruz doesn't pitch

This team has two average starters and 3 bad starters. When Norris was in the rotation we had one average starter and 4 bad starters.

Starting pitching is the difference between the 2014 Orioles and the 2015 Orioles. Last I looked Nelson Cruz doesn't pitch

No, but you're fooling yourself if you don't think Cruz's bat could have netted us an additional 5-6 wins already. We have an average offense predicated on the homer. If guys aren't homering, we're not scoring. So need more guys that can get hot and carry a team. Cruz was that guy.

As for the pitching? Of course it's bad. O's have nobody but to blame themselves for screwing up Gausman, not selling high on Norris, signing Ubaldo and trading away what very little starting pitching depth we had. Guess who is to blame for all that? Duquette and his talent evaluators.

Dead on.

Why does it have to be either/or?

The O's would be in better shape right now if Bud Norris, Miguel Gonzalez, and Chris Tillman had pitched as well this season as they did last season.

And they would also be in better shape right now if they had resigned Nelson Cruz.

I guess the difference is that the front office had more control over whether they resigned Nelson Cruz then they did over whether their starting pitchers repeated their 2014 numbers.

As they would have had no control if Nelson Cruz had repeated his 2014 numbers. Would anyone have been surprised he Nelson Cruz had hit .260, 27 hrs. 88 RBI, with a low 800 OPS this year and played in about 130 games this year?

Well, no one would have admitted it if they were and had been for signing him before the season.

All the wouldas, couldas, and shouldas aside, it has become very clear that not only are the Orioles out of bullets, their fuel tank is also on empty. And, they are probably leaking oil in the cockpit area.

Orioles fans should buckle their seat belts and assume the crash position.

All the wouldas, couldas, and shouldas aside, it has become very clear that not only are the Orioles out of bullets, their fuel tank is also on empty. And, they are probably leaking oil in the cockpit area.

airplane-504x360.jpg

Fan participation on the game threads appears to be waning. Not too long ago there were close to 1000 posts for a Seattle game and a game against the A's. The last 2 games....just a couple of hundred posts. Are people losing interest or abandoning ship with 34 games to go?

Archived