Top of the Order Shakeup

FanSince88

Gotta say, I like the shifting Buck did in the top of the order. Reimold has a decent OBP and some speed so the #1 spot isn't a bad look for him. Manny is a great #2 hitter. And I like Jones protecting Davis instead of vice versa. Now it's walk Davis at your peril.

Reimold's career OPS batting first in the lineup is by far his best: .881 in 126 plate appearances, but interestingly, that's due to his SLG, not OBP. His next best is batting fifth (.818 in 203 PA).

I want Schoop at 5th... the numbers clearly back this up. No way he should be batting 7th. Davis or Jones as 3rd/4th in either order is fine with me.

Yes, that would be a bigger improvement, though Buck probably has him lower to prevent it from getting too top-heavy.

If they can't bring Davis back next year, I'm predicting a Manny-Jones-Schoop-Caleb 3/4/5/6. You can do a lot worse than that for the middle of the order, although they're all righties so buck might throw Clevenger in there somewhere to break it up (probably 5th). Question will be how can we round out the bottom and top of the order. Need more OBP guys.

I've written Reimold off several times. But his "game" plays up hitting in the top of the lineup. He doesn't get pitched to so much and he can gets better pitches to take. I don't know what to make of it long term but I do know that his OPS is .130 pts higher than Parra's. Reimold is either a 1st or 2nd hitter in the lineup or not an MLB level players. It's all about how pitchers pitch to him.

I've written Reimold off several times. But his "game" plays up hitting in the top of the lineup. He doesn't get pitched to so much and he can gets better pitches to take. I don't know what to make of it long term but I do know that his OPS is .130 pts higher than Parra's. Reimold is either a 1st or 2nd hitter in the lineup or not an MLB level players. It's all about how pitchers pitch to him.

I cannot begin to describe how unimpressed I have been with Parra in the last few weeks. Did he really have to revert to his mean so hard?

Archived