I'd go with Ubaldo all day. Seems like he has the better attitude. Plus at least he's struggling in the AL East and not the NL central. Ubaldo just needs a really short leash. If we have a rested pen with Brach, Givens, Oday and Britton, I'd be looking to pull him the first sign of trouble in the 6th. Problem is that basically sums up our whole rotation.

The NL Central has a lot more talent then the AL East these days.

The only thing harder about the AL East is the DH.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The NL Central has a lot more talent then the AL East these days.

The only thing harder about the AL East is the DH.

I don't know about that. Jhonny Peralta bats cleanup for the Cards. Kang was for the Pirates. The pitchers just put up huge numbers because of the extremely weak lineups. The talent disparity is just so huge that it's laughable.

I don't know about that. Jhonny Peralta bats cleanup for the Cards. Kang was for the Pirates. The pitchers just put up huge numbers because of the extremely weak lineups. The talent disparity is just so huge that it's laughable.

It's really true. Absolutely. And the pitcher have to hit, players bunt.

The Brewers likely take a lot less than Jimenez just to get Garza out of town at this point even if they have to eat most of his contract.

http://reviewingthebrew.com/2015/09/16/milwaukee-brewers-dealing-matt-garza-would-be-offseason-miracle/

I'd give it a thought if Mil picks up 60-70% of his contract and it only cost a guy outside the top 25.

I would not do an U for Garza trade unless there was additional compensation in terms of prospects and/or salary relief.

Garza comes off looking bad here - even worse than his 2015 performance by not going to the pen. By demoting him to the pen, his 2018 option will be harder to obtain. He needs 110 starts over 4 years. He's at 52 now. If it doesn't exercise, there is a 2018 team option for $5M.

I think it could be a good 10-12M bet that he returns to a 105 ERA+ pitcher for the next 3 years at 5-6M/ year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would trade Ubaldo for just about anyone... but I don't think Garza is an upgrade.

I would trade him for Porcello and that awful contract. I still think he would work well Wallace and Chiti who would get his ground ball rate back up where it should be, and the infield defense will be the best he's ever had.

Archived