Duquette on Re-signing Davis and Offseason Priorities

Slappy

No, he was ice cold in June, July, and August. El Gordo posted the numbers. Look it up.

Posters like Ommaculate don't need to look things up!

June 219/282/364 647 OPS

July 211/292/379 671 OPS

Aug 216/274/451 725 OPS

Bonus:

In the ALCS he hit 250/333/313 646 OPS. So while he was arguably essential in the playoff victories he was pretty invisible in the playoff losses.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How much savings do you expect from this year's cap?

Sorry, my point was only that the reason we will have a lot more money to work with this year is because we are anticipating losing a large chunk of valuable players to free agency. I would be hesitant to assume that the Os will use all of it (and maybe then some?) to replace the missing pieces... I don't think there is a one-to-one correlation between money available and the money that will be spent. It's the Orioles' "perceived value" vs. "market value." And as I've indicated before, I just think the Os' perceived value lags behind the market. Only when you get to 2nd or 3rd tier talent does perception catch up with the market, hence, don't expect the Os to spend all of that money... Anyway, that was my thinking, but it might be faulty. Carry on...

They didn't say they are making competitive offers to all the FA. It was reported that they discussed that in their meeting, but the reporters got the info second-hand. They haven't made any public commitments to fans about what they are going to do, as far as I know, except in the broadest of generalities.

PGA wants to re-sign Chen and hopefully told DD to get on it NOW.

That's just silly. Chen has no desire to play for the Orioles after the embarrassment of being optioned during the season.

Silly?

So now, you truly know how Chen feels?

Nobody wants to be optioned, and I thought he explained it pretty well:

“Nobody would be happy to get sent down when you’re feeling great and up there pitching a great game. We talked, me and Buck, we talked and I accepted it. I was disappointed but I accepted the decision because I think, I believe the team had good reason,” Chen said.

Archived