Game 2, April 2nd Cabrera's First 2008 Start

weams

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Holliday went 1 for 2 with 3 walks on Friday night. 2024: .444 OBP, .911 OPS MiLB Career: .447 OBP, .931 OPS His OBP is EXACTLY what this O's team needs, would fill a key offensive weakness at 2nd base, help grind opposing pitching, and magnify the power up and down the lineup.  It's all dependent on his ability to throw and play 2B at a passable level. If Holliday starts to hit at the ML level, the question of who bats leadoff is over for the foreseeable future and we can go back to complaining about 1 slumping hitter or backup catcher at the bottom of the lineup.
    • This. We literally have no lineup holes right now, and Mayo, Norby, Jax lurk. Any trade discussion should center around the four most essential and crucial elements to O's success for the balance of the regular season and playoffs: 1. pitching 2. pitching 3. pitching 4. damn, forgot the 4th one. oh yeah, its pitching.
    • All I know is that Suárez has earned at least one more start, after today.
    • Scherzer still looks like a guy who would be a nice add to our rotation in the second half if the Rangers are sellers. 
    • Not happening. I don’t disagree, but Kremer will be slotted in the rotation.
    • I wouldn’t either but the word here is that he’s going back to rotation . Suarez supposedly the one  to be moved to bullpen . I think they should wait and see if Irvin can rebound . If Irvin can’t match Suarez’s work, then he should be moved to bullpen 
    • Yes that’s what I was asking. COC was completely off base in his comment. Judge is a great player, and apparently a nice guy. I have nothing against him, or most Yankees, for that matter, though Gil’s tats are off putting. I am expecting a bit of pro Yankee bias, but that’s ok. Also, home runs is a very glittery stat, and might sway some folks. But it should be Gunnar, at least based on the first 81.
  • Popular Contributors