Planning a dream vacation to Camden Yards

Diehard_O's_Fan

Thanks for all the great ideas guys. I have flown into Chicago several times. It usually doesn't cost much to fly from Omaha to Chicago. I am going to seriously look into flying to Baltimore from Chicago. I will probably have to stay overnight at a hotel in Chicago the night before but would probably still save money if I did this. It looks like I could fly on spirit airlines for around 150 which seems really cheap.

Here is my tentative plan. Let me know what you think.

Fly from Omaha to Chicago on July 24th. Stay at a hotel in Chicago.

Fly from Chicago to Baltimore on Monday July 25th. Go to Orioles game that night.

Go to second Orioles game on July 26th.

Fly out of Baltimore on July 27th

Is your opposition to driving because you don't want to drive in the city or because you don't drive period? Now that you are talking about multiple flights and an additional night in Chicago, I think you would be better off just driving it straight in terms of time and money. I have a family friend who drives DC to Iowa a couple times a year. It won't be fun but it will be worth it. Plenty of interesting stops you can make along the way.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is your opposition to driving because you don't want to drive in the city or because you don't drive period? Now that you are talking about multiple flights and an additional night in Chicago, I think you would be better off just driving it straight in terms of time and money. I have a family friend who drives DC to Iowa a couple times a year. It won't be fun but it will be worth it. Plenty of interesting stops you can make along the way.

15 hours in a car is tough. Also looks like poster wants to get back and forth quick. Not sure why poster does not stay longer and see some of Baltimore and perhaps DC.You could do the Planes,Trains and Automobile thing.Here is a crazy idea Megabus from Omaha or Iowa to Chicago. Megabus fares are sometimes 15 dollars or less if you get it early.Then in Chicago get off Bus and take the subway to O'hare.Seems like a long trip but would be an adventure. I have taken Megabus and Bolt to NYC and it is way better then the regular Greyhound.

15 hours in a car is tough. Also looks like poster wants to get back and forth quick. Not sure why poster does not stay longer and see some of Baltimore and perhaps DC.You could do the Planes,Trains and Automobile thing.Here is a crazy idea Megabus from Omaha or Iowa to Chicago. Megabus fares are sometimes 15 dollars or less if you get it early.Then in Chicago get off Bus and take the subway to O'hare.Seems like a long trip but would be an adventure. I have taken Megabus and Bolt to NYC and it is way better then the regular Greyhound.

Good head up on the mega bus.

I am a small town guy. I grew up in a town of 700 people and I currently live in a town of 7,000. I don't make much money guys which is why I won't be able to be in Baltimore very long. I am going to need around 1,000 for my trip which is a lot of money to me. All I do is work, eat and sleep. I need something to look forward to. I am a 30 single guy with no woman or kids in my life. I figure now is the best time to go on a trip like this.

I am a small town guy. I grew up in a town of 700 people and I currently live in a town of 7' date='000. I don't make much money guys which is why I won't be able to be in Baltimore very long. I am going to need around 1,000 for my trip which is a lot of money to me. All I do is work, eat and sleep. I need something to look forward to. I am a 30 single guy with no woman or kids in my life. I figure now is the best time to go on a trip like this.[/quote']

But can you drive on an interstate?

I am a small town guy. I grew up in a town of 700 people and I currently live in a town of 7' date='000. I don't make much money guys which is why I won't be able to be in Baltimore very long. I am going to need around 1,000 for my trip which is a lot of money to me. All I do is work, eat and sleep. I need something to look forward to. I am a 30 single guy with no woman or kids in my life. I figure now is the best time to go on a trip like this.[/quote']

True story.This guy I know stayed at the Baltimore hostel in Baltimore. Met this woman from Germany and had breakfast and toured B MORE together. They even took in a ballgame and did the harbor cruise.Would not happen to me of course,I would be with a hairy guy from Russia named Boris.

Perhaps I can help you with that.

If you plan another trip next year (or the year after) I would be willing to pick you up at a Baltimore airport, and drive you to the Baltimore Ramada Inn in Ellicott City. We could split the cost of the hotel (about $35 apiece per night), and I would also drive you to and from the games in my car. Then, I would drive you back to the airport after the final game (I usually like to see 3 games when I make the trip to Baltimore, with the 3rd game being an afternoon game so I could drive back to Brewster and be back no later than 9 or 10 P.M.)

I'll send you a PM with my cell phone number.

Patrick

That would probably be your best and cheapest option.If your plans are not definite.Really a nice move OFFNY. Sorry,If I am picturing a John Candy and Steve Martin hotel thing.

Archived