If the Orioles want to be taken seriously, they need to make a splash signing fast...

birdcrazy

And how many did you hear complaining about no McLouth when we won 96 games?

You can't say you're talking about the average fan, when really you're talking about the most negative mega-fan on this board.

I'm not referencing anyone here. Maybe Cindyluvsbrady, if anyone, is representative of a causal, average Orioles fan. I know people like my wife, my kids, my brother-in-law would say things like "what happened to McLouth, he was awesome last year? And I don't know why they let Markakis go, he's been a good player here for a long time. Now I don't know anybody on this team."

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I firmly believe, even with a 110+ win season, you will still find some folks unhappy about something petty, just like 2 seasons ago, when the team had a 20 game lead on first, and not everybody was enjoying the dance while it last.

And some of them were just visiting Jay,Sox, or Yankee fans. Looking to make someone here sad for the evening.

Did not see that. But I think it has a level of humor beyond that of "apologist." I think all genuine fans here can have whatever view of our future or past that they want. I think Toronto, Red Sox, and Yankee fans who stop by will have a limited opportunity to make fun of you and I.
You didn't see it because he didn't say it. He was being ironic and some people have no idea what that means.

The O's just gave out their highest annual average salary on a player contract.

2) Jones - $14.25MM.

It can still be asserted that Angelos is cheap, due to the fact that it was an acceptance of a qualifying offer, right?

You can hope. But unless a family tragedy wipes out the current family and all heirs, they will out last you. It might be best for you to come to grips with that.

Maybe 15 years ago that could have been a hope. It appears that the transition to the next generation of owners has occurred. You can hope. But wailing about it will only bring you heartbreak and make you sad.

Imagine if DeWitt had bought the team the last time it was sold. The vast majority fans probably would've been unhappy, because he did been out of town owner. That same vast majority was happy when Angelos got the team, because he was local.

Imagine if DeWitt had bought the team the last time it was sold. The vast majority fans probably would've been unhappy, because he did been out of town owner. That same vast majority was happy when Angelos got the team, because he was local.

Team is still here. In Baltimore. No less.

Angelos will always be the owner that ruined the Orioles franchise.

You can't change my mind ... So no sense bothering.

I won't change your mind on your affection toward this owner. So I agree not to try either.

We go through this most every off season. I'm sure that once the dumpster diving and clearance sales are over some how people will be okay with waiting and

Seeing etc even though we've lost our best SP, RP, power hitter, and a player who will likely be considered for the bounce back player award (Wieters)

Sorry it's the way I feel

I do not disagree that Angelos has been a bad owner. However, the team wasn't good between 1983's championship and the time he and his group bought the team. It's not like he bought the team in 1972 after three World Series championships, with a strong roster and a strong farm system, and turned that into a perennial loser. He bought a mediocre team, without a good farm system, and didn't improve either one, resulting in the team getting worse with no help coming from the minor leagues, thus the 14 year below .500 streak.

Archived