2015 Orioles Top Prospect list 1-30

Tony-OH

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone feel like we missed somebody? Anyone surprised a name is not in the top 20?

Pleasantly surprised to see a fascinating 18 year old prospect like Ortega (who I didn't know about) ahead of an older guy like Bridwell. I'm impressed to see a Dominican SS with a good walk rate.

I'm just pointing out the fact that 6 of the top 20 is in no way a victory.

I wouldn't call it a "victory," but it is at least an indicator that we are not ignoring the international markets to the extent we did in the past. I certainly agree that the overall system is weak, and that if we had better domestic prospects some of these six might not have been listed.

I wouldn't call it a "victory," but it is at least an indicator that we are not ignoring the international markets to the extent we did in the past. I certainly agree that the overall system is weak, and that if we had better domestic prospects some of these six might not have been listed.

Not complaining but they are cuban signees rather than from the Dominican or Venezuala. Nonetheless at least have some international guys, no matter where exactly they came from.

I'm surprised that Mountcastle ranked so highly. These are the types of players you get with 1st rd comp picks people. I expect Stewart to bounce back, maybe he was just worn down from the NCAA season. I still don't understand why we didn't get to see Mancini as a September callup. I really don't think that one 40 man roster spot will make a difference this offseason.

Nice work, Tony. A quality effort to explain a poor system.

We have the opportunity to possibly see a dramatic improvement in our system if a few guys like Stewart, Peralta, Ortega, etc take a leap forward AND a strong draft. I have some hope that some of the 2015 prospects like Curran can take big steps forward. The possible complete whiff on Stewart really is a potentially major setback and I suspect our GM will pursue free agents and/or trade picks that will leave us with one or two fewer high draft picks.

Nice work, Tony. A quality effort to explain a poor system.

We have the opportunity to possibly see a dramatic improvement in our system if a few guys like Stewart, Peralta, Ortega, etc take a leap forward AND a strong draft. I have some hope that some of the 2015 prospects like Curran can take big steps forward. The possible complete whiff on Stewart really is a potentially major setback and I suspect our GM will pursue free agents and/or trade picks that will leave us with one or two fewer high draft picks.

I hope we keep all of our picks and do just as you wish.

I'll recheck with the Orioles, but he pitched under 50 innings and I don't think he was in the roster for 60 days outside of September.

Yeah, I was going off of baseball reference, but I think they made a mistake. The number is 45 days on the active roster, but I think Wright only got to 30 or 31.

Archived