2015 Orioles Top Prospect list 1-30

Tony-OH

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't call it a "victory," but it is at least an indicator that we are not ignoring the international markets to the extent we did in the past. I certainly agree that the overall system is weak, and that if we had better domestic prospects some of these six might not have been listed.

The bolded is absolutely key.

Victory is putting words in your mouth, but I see absolutely no proof that this team is "not ignoring the international markets to the extent (we) did in the past."

Reyes' is the only prospect to get excited about. And let's be honest, he's not even a top 100 guy in baseball.

People keep saying it, but there's absolutely no tangible evidence that DD's regime is bringing in better or more international talent that those which preceded him.

People keep saying it, but there's absolutely no tangible evidence that DD's regime is bringing in better or more international talent that those which preceded him.

Again, what is it, talent or development? Probably a bit of both. I thought the Orioles had a strong draft especially rounds 4 through 10. All we've got out of it right now is Ryan Mountcastle and maybe Gray Fenter.

I've been reading the write-ups on our top 10 prospects. You know, it really wouldn't be too bad a list if Bundy and Harvey could actually stay on the field. That's really the big issue here.

Yeah, if they were both top 25 prospects right now we'd all feel differently.

But they're not.

I've been reading the write-ups on our top 10 prospects. You know, it really wouldn't be too bad a list if Bundy and Harvey could actually stay on the field. That's really the big issue here.

Sure, but injury/flameout is going to happen. This is the risk of running thin.

Archived