2015 Orioles Top Prospect list 1-30

Tony-OH

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's only 20-years old so there is maturing to do. Watching him break off a hammer curve then come back with 99 MPH heat is why he's on this list though.

Oh yeah, I agree for sure. I saw him a bunch, and he's an "oooh and ahhh" guy at the Short-A level.

Tony, what is chance that Wilson will be able to miss enough bats to actually be an effective starter? In his small major league sample, I love the GB rate and I think his fastball command/movement are very promising, but his 3.25 K/9 and 5.2% SwStr% were abysmal. From a scouting standpoint, are his SL and CH good enough that they'll miss some bats if he throws them more? He was 70% fastballs this year, so he's going to have to.

If it doesn't work out as a SP, will his stuff play up in the pen? He doesn't look to be a particularly hard thrower.

Thanks!

Tony, what is chance that Wilson will be able to miss enough bats to actually be an effective starter? In his small major league sample, I love the GB rate and I think his fastball command/movement are very promising, but his 3.25 K/9 and 5.2% SwStr% were abysmal. From a scouting standpoint, are his SL and CH good enough that they'll miss some bats if he throws them more? He was 70% fastballs this year, so he's going to have to.

If it doesn't work out as a SP, will his stuff play up in the pen? He doesn't look to be a particularly hard thrower.

Thanks!

I think he's probably better suited as that long reliever/swing man but could give you some quality starts at the back end of your rotation if need be. I agree that his K rate was a concern through his first go around, but I think that will improve a bit.

Would any of Lee, Miranda, Scott get consideration for the Matusz role in 2016 or are they going to remain as starters for the time being?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee will at least be on the 40 man roster. The Os did resign Cabral to a minor league deal so he could get a look in the Matusz role.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived