Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

Some of you guys with your graphs and sabermetrics need to get out of your basement and watch a few games. It is not being said that Nick is a better defensive RF than Heyward. But he is a gold glove winner and a good RF, stop bashing Markakis.

Gold Gloves are about as useful as fan voted all-stars are for figuring out if a player is great or not.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gold Gloves are about as useful as fan voted all-stars are for figuring out if a player is great or not.

They're not perfect.

They're more useful than that.

Or defensive stats, that tell us that Carlos Lee was the greatest 1st basemen in the history of the game. ETC. ETC.

It takes a village.

I am impressed with AM. The Phillies rotation could be 4 new additions and Nola. Dont have to worry about seeing Ascher or Buchanan in the rotation.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Inside the industry, Appel is no longer viewed as a future star. But I like the idea of adding him as an intriguing rotation option</p>— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) <a href="

">December 12, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Markakis?

5. Nick Markakis, RF, Braves — John Hart and John Coppolella have done a great job turning over the roster and bringing in top young talent. Markakis could be the next to go. The Royals are interested, and a reunion with the Orioles is possible as Buck Showalter remains a big fan.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/12/13/red-sox-have-rest-division-attention/1mtDM3qDxjAI0t8PvaeGrJ/story.html?event=event25?event=event25

Markakis?

5. Nick Markakis, RF, Braves ? John Hart and John Coppolella have done a great job turning over the roster and bringing in top young talent. Markakis could be the next to go. The Royals are interested, and a reunion with the Orioles is possible as Buck Showalter remains a big fan.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/12/13/red-sox-have-rest-division-attention/1mtDM3qDxjAI0t8PvaeGrJ/story.html?event=event25?event=event25

Maybe if the braves eat half that contract....he's a singles hitter now with no speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People still debate if the world is round.

People are stupid. LOL.

It's hard for me to believe that we Orioles fans forgot the majority of us were all too happy when MacPhail left. Several candidates turned down the GM position, and we laughed at our misery. How many of us want MacPhail back now? After what, a .500 season and some lip service?

It's hard for me to believe that we Orioles fans forgot the majority of us were all too happy when MacPhail left. Several candidates turned down the GM position, and we laughed at our misery. How many of us want MacPhail back now? After what, a .500 season and some lip service?

Andy did some things pretty well, some other stuff.....not so much.

He deserves a head nod for the success that came after he left. Dan made moves that contributed, he was the sitting GM, he gets the love, that's just how it goes in the real world. Sometimes the guy who does the heavy lifting gets very little of the glory, being a GM or Manager can be like that, these guys know that.

One thing though I am curious to see, will Andy be more engaged in the international market or will his philosophy regarding that remain consistent?

Andy did some things pretty well, some other stuff.....not so much.

He deserves a head nod for the success that came after he left. Dan made moves that contributed, he was the sitting GM, he gets the love, that's just how it goes in the real world. Sometimes the guy who does the heavy lifting gets very little of the glory, being a GM or Manager can be like that, these guys know that.

One thing though I am curious to see, will Andy be more engaged in the international market or will his philosophy regarding that remain consistent?

I thought it was nice of DD to give Andy a lot of credit in building the foundations of the team. Now if only DD could trade like AM.

Archived