Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

Fair enough. I've read something similar about the Yankees and that the Rangers only have another 8-10 mil left under budget that they can spend. Anyone other than St. Louis, Detroit, or CHW that could be a player on the big three that are left?

I'm not even sure how realistic CHW is as a player if they're not going to go beyond 3 years. I'd be absolutely shocked if 3 years lands Upton or Cespedes.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">rockies are among teams making a push for gerardo parra. OF market obviously starting to percolate.</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="

">January 8, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">rockies are among teams making a push for gerardo parra. OF market obviously starting to percolate.</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="
">January 8, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That must mean they have a deal done for for one of Dickerson/Cargo/Blackmon

I would presume it would be for the player/prospect they get in return.

I don't see how any of those guys are going to net much back. An .800 OPS in Colorado is .720 anywhere else. They are essentially cheaper versions of Gerardo Parra.

They want pitching.

Maybe for Carlos Gonzalez. But then again I don't know how many teams are going to want to give up good prospects for the pleasure of paying 18.5 million a year over the next two for a player that has a career .750 OPS away from Coors.

I don't see how any of those guys are going to net much back. An .800 OPS in Colorado is .720 anywhere else. They are essentially cheaper versions of Gerardo Parra.

You adsked why Colorado would do it. I answered. Now you are taking the complete opposite side saying other teams wouldn't do it?

You adsked why Colorado would do it. I answered. Now you are taking the complete opposite side saying other teams wouldn't do it?

That's always the side I was on. Lol. Other teams may do it I just don't think they are going to get a whole lot of value back and it's curious that they are in the market for an OFer.

Archived