Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

Impossible for the O's to trade for Revere, who's better than Reimold, Flaherty and Kim. Nothing to trade and Angelos won't deal with Toronto

Flaherty? He's not in the O's outfield picture. He's made a grand total of 6 outfield starts in the last three years.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flaherty? He's not in the O's outfield picture. He's made a grand total of 6 outfield starts in the last three years.

The Orioles website, owned and run by the team, list him as the starting RF on the depth chart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impossible for the O's to trade for Revere, who's better than Reimold, Flaherty and Kim. Nothing to trade and Angelos won't deal with Toronto

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You actually wanted Revere? .677 lifetime OPS. No power. Not very good defensively. Much rather take a shot with Kim for less money and give up nobody. Not a close call.

You actually wanted Revere? .677 lifetime OPS. No power. Not very good defensively. Much rather take a shot with Kim for less money and give up nobody. Not a close call.

Revere is the kind of player where you can't just look at the OPS. He hits .300, steals a lot of bases, and can give you above average defense in left. A guy like him who gets on base at a decent clip and can steal a lot of bases is valuable.

Ben Revere putting up a .677 OPS is not the same as Travis Snyder putting up a .677 OPS. With that said, I'll take my chances with Kim. Would have much rather had him than Parra for giving up Zach Davies though.

Revere is the kind of player where you can't just look at the OPS. He hits .300, steals a lot of bases, and can give you above average defense in left. A guy like him who gets on base at a decent clip and can steal a lot of bases is valuable.

Ben Revere putting up a .677 OPS is not the same as Travis Snyder putting up a .677 OPS. With that said, I'll take my chances with Kim. Would have much rather had him than Parra for giving up Zach Davies though.

I have never had any interest in Revere. In real baseball. He has value in Roto due to the heavy overvaluation of batting average and stolen bases in that particular style of fantasy baseball. Real baseball? No thanks. And we disagree on his defense.

I have never had any interest in Revere. In real baseball. He has value in Roto due to the heavy overvaluation of batting average and stolen bases in that particular style of fantasy baseball. Real baseball? No thanks. And we disagree on his defense.

Juan Pierre had a career OPS of .704. He was was a very good ballplayer and one of the top leadoff guys over the last 20 years. The OPS isn't an end all be all stat. I'm not saying Revere is Juan Pierre, but he still has value.

Juan Pierre had a career OPS of .704. He was was a very good ballplayer and one of the top leadoff guys over the last 20 years. The OPS isn't an end all be all stat. I'm not saying Revere is Juan Pierre, but he still has value.

You better hope Drungo doesn't read this post.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Revere for storen is agreed upon</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="
">January 9, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Washington will send money equaling the difference between the two's salaries once agreed upon.

We are not on the same page at all.

Yikes. Something that can be said about no player in major league history: you're no Juan Pierre, but you're still a hell of a ballplayer.

Yikes. Something that can be said about no player in major league history: you're no Juan Pierre, but you're still a hell of a ballplayer.

hahaha

the good news about Revere is that he has steadily improved offensively:

2011 - 72 OPS+, 1.3 oWAR

2012 - 89 OPS+, 1.8 oWAR

2013 - 93 OPS+, 1.5 oWAR

2014 - 92 OPS+, 2.8 oWAR

2015 - 98 OPS+, 2.7 oWAR (playing more LF)

He is supposedly entering his best years. No doubt, his performance for Toronto outclassed Parra's performance for the Orioles. Everyone else's did too. In hindsight, of course getting Revere would have been better.

Moving forward, Revere was still a fair bargain last year (arbitration $4.1 mil) but if his trends continue he is going to quickly become one of those mid-priced players with a high chance of overpay.

Revere had an OPS of .700+ this season....The Orioles could use a good lead off hitter. If you could get .300 /.340 and 30+ steals the would be quite valuable to this team.

By looking at BB reference thos numbers seem pretty realistic. That said. I prefer Upton.

A good trade for both teams, I think. Nats needed to replace Span and upgrade from Michael Taylor who had like a .620 OPS last year. Storen is a good back end reliever but had a few high profile meltdowns in two postseasons for the Nats and needed a change of scenery. He'll help Toronto's pen.

Archived