Could be a lot of action next week

Frobby

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And the acquisition of Hoe's makes them both expendable, particularly Reimold.

I'm not so sure. Reimold has proven himself the more valuable as a ML player when healthy. He also projects to be more valuable going forward, even though older than Hoes, who's ceiling is that of a 4th OF.

I'm not so sure. Reimold has proven himself the more valuable as a ML player when healthy. He also projects to be more valuable going forward, even though older than Hoes, who's ceiling is that of a 4th OF.

How does a player that cleared waivers and is already past the age of 30 project to be better going forward?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

You know what? I reread the post and it's worded badly. I simply meant he's a more valuable player than Hoes. You disagree?

I think Reimold, if healthy, is a considerably better hitter than Hoes. Hoes is the better defender, but overall I'd take Reimold, for 2016. Hoes may have more of a future, if his major league hitting begins to resemble his minor league hitting, since he's 5-6 years younger.

I think Reimold, if healthy, is a considerably better hitter than Hoes. Hoes is the better defender, but overall I'd take Reimold, for 2016. Hoes may have more of a future, if his major league hitting begins to resemble his minor league hitting, since he's 5-6 years younger.

Reimold is older than Nick. Right?

And I agree with this for the most part. Reimold is better overall. Hoes may be a better defender but not by much. He's converted from the IF and didn't overwhelm me with his routes and instincts. He's ok. He has to become more like the hitter he's been at the lower levels or he provides little to no value.

Nolan is clearly the better player now, but his shelf life can't be very long with the combination of his injury history and age. He needs to make the most of it.

Did you watch him trying to play defense? It was Delmonesque. I really don't want Reimold to be an everyday player unless it is DH.

I don't think you're giving Delmon enough credit for mastering how to deke runners into trying for second base and then throwing them out. :)

Yes, I agree, I was dismayed to see how uncertain Reimold had become defensively. He has some history of being able to hit both RHP and LHP and so I'd be fine with him as DH. Looking at his career splits though, he hasn't performed well as a DH....

Archived