Tender Updates (Janish, Lough Non-Tendered)

wildcard

Ugh.....keeping Matusz again. I don't get it. Don't need to be paying 5 or 6 million to a situational lefty and probably our fifth or sixth best reliever.

He's not going to get 5-6 mm. MLBTradeRumors projects $3.4 mm. I think that's low, but he won't be getting $5 mm.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Matusz survives again. I can just hear the naysayers the first time he has a bad outing in 2016.

I can't say I'll miss Lough. Good defender but I hated his whole approach at the plate. He's the king of the 250 foot lazy fly out, which is unforgivable for a guy with his speed. Also a terrible base stealer.

Brian Matusz is like the mediocre bassist of a rock band who somehow sticks around for years while all the better talent leaves for greener pastures.

Brian Matusz is like the mediocre bassist of a rock band who somehow sticks around for years while all the better talent leaves for greener pastures.

Actually, scratch that, he's Andy Fletcher from Depeche Mode -- the dude who make minimal contributions (and whose keyboards probably aren't connected to a speaker) yet for some reason the rest of the band keep him around.

Pedro Alvarez NT

Chris Carter NT

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Carter was projected at 5.6 and Alvarez at 8.1. Obviously they're not wort that over one season. But what type of deals could they get. Alvarez on a 1/6 deal could work.

If PA opens up the checkbook for Davis we could field a pretty good team. Give us Alvarez and a starter like Gallardo and we could win the division. Just going to have to add 40 million to the payroll. That would put us around 140 for the year. 125 without MW.

Carter was projected at 5.6 and Alvarez at 8.1. Obviously they're not wort that over one season. But what type of deals could they get. Alvarez on a 1/6 deal could work.

If PA opens up the checkbook for Davis we could field a pretty good team. Give us Alvarez and a starter like Gallardo and we could win the division. Just going to have to add 40 million to the payroll. That would put us around 140 for the year. 125 without MW.

Well, the team would certainly compete with Toronto for the HR crown that's for sure.

Give me Mike Leake or Scott Kazmir over Gallardo and I'm cool with it if Alvarez is signed short-term. Wieters and Trumbo will be off the books next season, why not Alvarez and we can hope one or two plays well enough for a QO.

Archived