Slim picking among outfielders who bat from the left side

mdbdotcom

I don't know. 4 or 5 million/year, maybe? Anybody have more insight into what players like Kim from Korea fetch in the FA market? I know there is no posting fee involved in his case.?
Kang is making 4/11 M with an option. He was posted. Kim shouldn't be much more. I like him.

With the Davis deal off the table, the brain trust says they are turning their attention to starting pitching and LHH outfielders.

Alex Gordon has been mentioned, but the O's likely would have to beat out the Cardinals, Royals, and possibly the Angels. Estimates of how much Gordon will make have ranged from 5/75 up to 5/100. He also will cost a draft pick.

Switch-hitting center fielder Dexter Fowler is also available, but he also would cost a draft pick and would have to move to a corner spot (unless AJ is ready to move).

A number of the LHH outfielders remaining have already played for the O's, including Alejandro de Aza, Kelly Johnson, Gerardo Parra, and Travis Snider. David Lough is also available.

Assuming DD doesn't want to bring that band back together, the options are:

David DeJesus

Matt Joyce

John Mayberry

Skip Schumaker

David Dejesus

Grady Sizemore

Denard Span

Will Venable

Daniel Nava

Shane Victorino

Pick your poison.

http://www.talkingchop.com/2015/12/13/10022528/mlb-trade-rumors-braves-nick-markakis-orioles-royals

Nick at 3 years and 33 million does not sound so bad compared to alternatives. Trade for him, sign Alverez and go after a SP

Parra could be a good move in addition to Alvarez and a left handed pitcher. Dull offseason but serviceable.

I would be ok with Parra, Alvarez, Kazimir, and oh-by-the-way 2 extra draft picks between first and second round from Chen and Davis. Though I'd prefer Span, you could do a lot worse than that. We'd essentially have the same team as we did last year, but at least you're getting some different personnel in here to maybe shake things up, it's cheaper than bringing back both Chen and Davis, and you get extra picks which the farm system desperately needs now.

Archived