Mark Buehrle?? Why Not? (Bought an RV and no longer throws. Turned down 15 million.)

Bumps49

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Take a chance on a 1 year deal at 20 Mil. Let him do what he has done in the past and give the youngsters more time in the ML.:rolleyes: Am I crazy or is this an idea that could have some merit?

I would consider 1 year 10 million, though I much prefer Kazmir.

One year at $20M is insanity.

Hilarious dollar amount, but I would be interested at $12 million. I have interest in Latos and Fister as well.

Probably rank Latos / Burhle / Fister. Latos could be worth a qualifying offer if he rebounds strong, but Burhrle has been a durable contributor in the AL East the past few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a bad idea to overpay for one year, maybe 1/15 gets it done. The O's have no choice but to try something like this. GM's get paid to read the market and predict trends just like a CEO of a company. Dan, apparently did not realize that arms would be so pricey when he decided to trade away so many the last few years. Now we must pay for that or sit back and accept third or fourth place.

Not a bad idea to overpay for one year, maybe 1/15 gets it done. The O's have no choice but to try something like this. GM's get paid to read the market and predict trends just like a CEO of a company. Dan, apparently did not realize that arms would be so pricey when he decided to trade away so many the last few years. Now we must pay for that or sit back and accept third or fourth place.

I don't see the O's going 1/15. They need some money to pay Davis or Alvarez. Davis contract can be backloaded. Alvarez could also if it is on a three year deal.

That is the problem with a one year deal. The O's can defer some money but can't backload any.

Archived