Davis Signs With Baltimore (7/$161M, incl $42M deferred)

TonySoprano

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it possible that there's some type of clause protecting the club from another PED bust? I would hope that is in there.

Can't believe we folded and gave him more. I'm heartened by the fact that we are spending money, but think we could've done so much more wisely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the first point, clubs currently do no pay players who are busted/suspended under the PED rules (see: Rodriguez, Alex).

On the second point, I suspect there is some decent amount of the contract that is deferred, such that this may be less in terms of real 2015 dollars than initially offered.

If you're going to try and make someone look stupid' date=' you might want to spell the person's name correctly. :)[/quote']

A new trick pulled by Boras. The Orioles signed Chris Daivs, while Chris Davis is still on the market. It's like fantasy football when people would try to trade Adrian Peterson, Chicago Bears.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Told deal with Chris Davis is for less money than Cespedes was seeking <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">January 16, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Red Sox improved with Price and Kimbrel and there young core exploding

The Yankees improved with Chapman added to Miller and Betances to make the best bullpen in the majors

The Rays will improve by getting back a couple of stud starting pitchers who were injured all last year

Toronto didn't need to improve they are already 20 games better than the O's

I think the Yankees are likely to do worse. They got a lot of value from ARod and Tex last year and odds are they won't do as well in 2016. But I've been wrong before about old Yankee players.

The Jays got career years from a ton of players in 2015 and I think they'll be down considerably, though still a contender.

Red Sox look to make a huge jump forward and I agree the Rays could be better if their rotation is healthier.

I could be wrong but Davis would need about 20 wins to be worth contract, assuming very conservative win inflation. (9.1m by time deal ends). Over 7 years I don't see that as a problem, even with a small dropoff every single year.

I seriously doubt he will be worth 20 wins. If we get 15 out of him I'll consider us fortunate.

Archived