Clubhouse Chemistry

Going Underground

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If there was one team ahead of us I might hold out hope. We have to jump 3 teams.

Yes, the odds are still very long -- only 1.2% even after our three game sweep of the Nats. But they are still battling, which I appreciate. Gotta take it to the Red Sox this weekend.

Im not saying they quit in the Boston series, but they had a hard time showing their fight, thats for sure. Ive never seen a team that needed to play so well do so poorly in a three game set against mostly mediocre pitching (Hill has been great I know).They have NO chance now, but Id like to see them finish at .500 or better and even thats going to be a reach.
Wei-Yin and Ubaldo tried with their good pitching. But the rest of the O's played as though they had given up. Maybe they were distracted or something, maybe the home fans can pep them up. But when starting pitchers pitch 7 decent innings and all they get are big "L"s by their names, it must be discouraging. I wonder if Wei-Yin is counting the days until he gets free of being an Oriole.

Wei-Yin and Ubaldo tried with their good pitching. But the rest of the O's played as though they had given up. Maybe they were distracted or something, maybe the home fans can pep them up. But when starting pitchers pitch 7 decent innings and all they get are big "L"s by their names, it must be discouraging. I wonder if Wei-Yin is counting the days until he gets free of being an Oriole.

Chen went 16-6 last year. These things have a way of evening out. He may sign elsewhere but he has been very lucky overall to be part of a good team with a good offense, great defense, and shutdown bullpen behind him. Only a few teams in MLB are going to be better situations for him.

I guess it is normal this time of the year to lack intensity but the lack of hustle out of the batters box is noticeably lacking. Players jogging to 1st constantly. The quality of the at bats even by our aggressive standards is awful. Maybe the Nats were just so bad anyone would have beaten them. I thought they played hard in Tampa.

Buck's team is quitting.

We've scored on one swing of the bat in 37 innings. We are making errors, crappy throws.

It's probably natural, human nature. But this team has packed it in.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

They have been off or on all year. Not acceptable, no consistency at all. I wanted to see us have a winning record but winning 76 or 80 doesn't matter to me.

Ill beat this very dead horse one more time.The most egregious non signing for the Orioles in maybe a decade or more was the Cruz debacle.

No,we wouldn't have gone to the WS, but we would've made the playoffs I think.

I also feel the team over committed to JJ Hardy, though at the time I was definitely for his re-up.

We had enormously bad luck with Bundy, Harvey, and Wieters was never really good this year.

Add to the fact that Norris was awful, and so was Tillman mostly. Gonzales was hurt but not great when he was healthy and only three everyday players had good seasons; Manny, Davis and Schoop.The rest of the team was below mediocre, but I think the Cruz re-sign would've made up for a lot of deficiencies.

Very doubtful. Remember if we signed Cruz we probably wouldn't have tendered Davis.

Archived