Dexter Fowler (Reneges)

TheBee

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bautista will be 36. It's in Toronto's best interest not to extend him.

Bautista probably thinks he'll play till age 50 on roids and die five years later.

If I were Toronto I certainly wouldn't. Given his attitude, I might trade him now when he still has value, even though the prima donna act ought to put off every other team out there.

I liked the idea of Bruce. I've come all the way around on Fowler, though, and he is my top choice by far at this point.

Yeah, me too. I would have totally approached this offseason differently, but then again I never anticipated a $150 million plus payroll either.

Once Davis was signed I started worrying about half-measures. Needlessly it seems.

Yeah, me too. I would have totally approached this offseason differently, but then again I never anticipated a $150 million plus payroll either.

Once Davis was signed I started worrying about half-measures. Needlessly it seems.

Well, chances are if Baltimore signs Fowler to a $12 mil AAV deal, he'll make less than Bruce this season. They'd have to front load the deal otherwise.

So you're ok with Trumbo in RF, Manny leading off, and only 3 guys who can get on base?

Yeah, that's a silly statement, sorry Weams.

Fowler is exactly what this team needs and my guess is Fowler's agents know that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's a silly statement, sorry Weams.

Fowler is exactly what this team needs and my guess is Fowler's agents know that too.

It's nothing to be sorry about. Mine is an opinion. It's not silly. It happens to be a theory that TonyOH wrote an article in support of at one point.

It's nothing to be sorry about. Mine is an opinion. It's not silly. It happens to be a theory that TonyOH wrote an article in support of at one point.

I think he said go all in on bats if we don't get a pitcher, which I agreed with. We did get a pitcher though...

I think he said go all in on bats if we don't get a pitcher, which I agreed with. We did get a pitcher though...

He may have changed his opinion after that.

I honestly would prefer Fowler over any other option at this point. It won't be the end of the world if it doesn't get done, but you have to imagine he makes this lineup better with his OBP skills.

Archived