Chris Tillman

weams

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tillman has 5 straight starts with the same number of walks and strikeouts. I would like to see him regain the stuff he had at the beginning of the year and break two streaks today.

Yep. It's why I said I don't think we've seen his best yet. He's pushed through without his best stuff lately.

NEW YORK YANKEES O (JULY 21st)

Brett Gardner - LF

Jacoby Ellsbury - CF

Carlos Beltran - RF

Brian McCann - C

Mark Teixeira - 1B

Didi Gregorius - SS

Alex Rodriguez - DH

Starlin Castro - 2B

Ronald Torreyes - 3B

Carsten Charles Sabathia, Jr. - LHP (5-7, 3.94 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

Will you marry me, Till ???

I got the wedding bell blues ......

Please marry me, Till ......

Man, he was outstanding today. Gave up kind of a fluky run in the first and got squeezed on a handful of calls, but he got stronger as the game went on and was really nasty in the later innings.

He is a real fine starter. Stopper. Indeed.

You know what? To me, in 2016, he qualifies as an ace. Aces do what he did today. He's 14-2, the team is 17-3 when he pitches, his ERA is top 10 in the league, he's 6th in the league in IP. The slider has given him a very effective weapon he didn't have before. And there's probably more pressure on Tillman than any starter in the league, considering the limited effectiveness and innings pitched by the other starting pitchers.

NEW YORK YANKEES O (JULY 21st)

Brett Gardner - LF

Jacoby Ellsbury - CF

Carlos Beltran - RF

Brian McCann - C

Mark Teixeira - 1B

Didi Gregorius - SS

Alex Rodriguez - DH

Starlin Castro - 2B

Ronald Torreyes - 3B

Carsten Charles Sabathia, Jr. - LHP (5-7, 3.94 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

Will you marry me, Till ???

I got the wedding bell blues ......

Please marry me, Till ......

Tillman has allowed 1 run or fewer in 4 straight starts, the longest stretch by an Orioles starter since Jim Palmer (6 in a row) in 1978.

https://twitter.com/masnRoch/status/756234176014188544

o

(JUNE 22nd)

I'm about ready to proclaim that Tillman is pitching like an ace. Another 7 K's today in his 7 IP. Sub-3 ERA, 9 wins, can throw 120 pitches if he needs to. His stuff has been consistently top shelf this year if you ask me. And he rises to a challenge.

ONE MONTH LATER:

Tillman has allowed 1 run or fewer in 4 straight starts, the longest stretch by an Orioles starter since Jim Palmer (6 starts in a row) in 1978.

https://twitter.com/masnRoch/status/756234176014188544

Tillman had the best stuff yesterday since opening day. 93-95 with the fastball. His 12-6 had great tilt on it, and his change was 85-88. I remember when Chris was throwing 88-90 fastballs. He's definitely taken it up a notch.

You know what? To me, in 2016, he qualifies as an ace. Aces do what he did today. He's 14-2, the team is 17-3 when he pitches, his ERA is top 10 in the league, he's 6th in the league in IP. The slider has given him a very effective weapon he didn't have before. And there's probably more pressure on Tillman than any starter in the league, considering the limited effectiveness and innings pitched by the other starting pitchers.

Don't forget the two seam FB over the last year. Developing that pitch has most certainly him a pitcher who gets a decent number of GBs as opposed to almost exclusively a fly ball pitcher.

Tillman had the best stuff yesterday since opening day. 93-95 with the fastball. His 12-6 had great tilt on it, and his change was 85-88. I remember when Chris was throwing 88-90 fastballs. He's definitely taken it up a notch.

He sure is taking it up a notch. I think he hit 94 in the 6th or 7th inning. He's finally starting to find that consistency.

Archived