Chris Tillman

weams

He sure is taking it up a notch. I think he hit 94 in the 6th or 7th inning. He's finally starting to find that consistency.

I saw 95 on MASN in the 6th. Granted, 95 fastball is what hitters at this level live for, but its great to see him mix all his pitches up. We are watching a true pitcher develop. They were all very late on his 95, knowing he has a devastating curve and change up in his pocket too.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you ever want to know why ERA is just a god awful statistic, see this game.

Pretty good start by Tillman. 4Ks. 0BB. Luck ran out though.

I agree. Threw strikes, got guys down in the count. Most of the pitches they hit were tough pitches. Looked much sharper to me than his line would suggest. Maybe not "ace" stuff but still pretty good.

I agree. Threw strikes, got guys down in the count. Most of the pitches they hit were tough pitches. Looked much sharper to me than his line would suggest. Maybe not "ace" stuff but still pretty good.

Nolan Ryan threw 8 no-hitters, yet, he still got hit from time to time, its not like the other team isn't trying to do well.

Nolan Ryan threw 8 no-hitters, yet, he still got hit from time to time, its not like the other team isn't trying to do well.

7 no-hitters.

He also led the Major Leagues in ERA in 1987 with a W-L record of 8-16.

7 no-hitters.

He also led the Major Leagues in ERA in 1987 with a W-L record of 8-16.

Thanks, I was just going by what 105.7 the other afternoon, they had as a trival question, who was the 2nd most no hitter behing Ryan and his 8. Guess, I should have fact checked them.

I thought so as well. Not very concerned about the line.

Jon Gray is one of the few young pitching bright spots for the Rockies. Mid-90s gas, strikes out almost 10 batters per 9IP. Doesn't walk many (2.89 per 9IP). Has a good slider and a decent curve. Os will have their work cut out for them tonight.

If you ever want to know why ERA is just a god awful statistic, see this game.

Pretty good start by Tillman. 4Ks. 0BB. Luck ran out though.

Eh, I saw a lot of hittable pitches and not enough break on his secondary pitches to put hitters away. A lot of foul balls.

I think his line is very much inline with his outing.

Just goes to show you that sequencing matters...and not having secondary pitches breaking away from the hitters can be dangerous.

Tillman isn't Chapman.

TORONTO BLUE JAYS O (JULY 31st)

Jose Bautista - RF

Josh Donaldson - DH

Edwin Encarnacion - 1B

Michael Saunders - LF

Troy Tulowitzki - SS

Russell Martin - C

Kevin Pillar - CF

Devon Travis - 2B

Darwin Barney - 3B

Aaron Jacob Sanchez - RHP (11-1, 2.72 ERA) *

* Leads the American League in Winning Percentage (.917) and ERA (2.72)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

5.67 innings pitched, 2 runs.

4 free passes (3 walks and 1 hit batsman.)

o

18 OUTS: 7 Groundouts (Including 3 Double Plays), 4 Strikeouts, 2 Flyouts, 2 Lineouts

CHRISTOPHER STEVEN TILLMAN O (vs. WHITE SOX, 8/06)

IP:l 6 - PLUS

H:;; 7 ll(1 Home Run, 2 Doubles, 4 Singles)

R:l) 3

BB:)2

SO:)4

Pitches: 110 (69 Strikes, 41 Balls)

2016 ERA: 3.50

PITCHES BY INNING

25 (15 Strikes, 10 Balls)

61 (51 Strikes, 11 Balls)

20 (11 Strikes, 91 Balls)

14 (81 Strikes, 61 Balls)

10 (41 Strikes, 61 Balls)

23 (18 Strikes, 51 Balls)

12 (81 Strikes, 41 Balls) *

* Tillman did not record any outs before departing in the 7th inning.

I didn't think Tillman was very sharp tonight. He didn't command his secondary pitches well and even on his fastball he missed his spots a lot.

Joseph set his target off the plate when Tillman was already behind in the count numerous times, including on 2-0 and 3-0 counts. That makes no sense.

Archived