Chris Tillman

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tillman ha MRI yesterday to make sure not sports hernia. He's fine <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">February 29, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Glad to hear it but the descriptions are all over the place. First reported as a core muscle injury. Then there was a Tillman quote saying it felt like a hip flexor. Then this morning's Sun said it was groin related. And now mention of a sports hernia.

I am confused as to which part of Tillman's body actually hurts. Maybe that's the plan, wouldn't want to violate his HIPA rights by narrowing it down to one possible injury.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tillman will have cortisone injection in hip today as precaution</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">March 1, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I thought you are not supposed to do strenuous exercise the day of a cortisone shot into the hip?

Connaughton is guaranteed $500 k for the 2016-17 season, so he's not going anywhere unless the Blazers just cut him loose and eat it. That could happen, but Connaughton doesn't control it.

I still think there is greater than a 0% chance he jumps instead of being pushed. He's only seen action in 22 of 60 games.

He's got a degree, he has a nice little pile of cash, I'm not sold that 500K would keep him there if he has decided he won't make it in the NBA.

Pretty absurd statement IMO...pile of cash, so at 23 or so he'll do nothing for the rest of his life or take a job that pays him less then 20% of what he would make playing ball? He'd be happy playing ball IMO. Athletes love to play sport. Might he go elsewhere to play basketball, maybe, but he'll do something.

Pretty absurd statement IMO...pile of cash, so at 23 or so he'll do nothing for the rest of his life or take a job that pays him less then 20% of what he would make playing ball? He'd be happy playing ball IMO. Athletes love to play sport. Might he go elsewhere to play basketball, maybe, but he'll do something.

You think it is absurd that the type of personality that could be drafted in both the NBA and MLB, and who has a degree in hand from Notre Dame. He got 428K from the O's and what looks like 625K this year from the Blazers.

I could see a person in that situation giving up the other guaranteed year to go roll the dice with baseball.

Do I think it is likely? Nope.

Do I think it is possible? Sure.

Kid has nothing but options and if he knows he will spend next year on the bench like this year...

• 2 weeks later...
o

* Tillman recorded 4 outs in the 2nd inning (planned.) He got 6 up, 6 down in the first and 2nd innings, stayed on the mound for an additional out, then gave up a single. That runner was thrown out stealing.

7 OUTS: 2 Strikeouts, 2 Groundouts, 1 Flyout, 1 Lineout, 1 Thrown Out Stealing

CHRISTOPHER STEVEN TILLMAN O(vs. PIRATES, 3/10) O[spring Training]

IP:. 7 OUTS * O3 Outs in the First inning, 4 Outs in the 2nd Inning

H:;; 1 (1 Single)

R:l) 0

BB: 0

SO: 2

Pitches: 44 (27 Strikes, 17 Balls)

PITCHES BY INNING

14 (81 Strikes, 61 Balls)

30 (19 Strikes, 11 Balls) *

* Tillman recorded 4 outs in the 2nd inning.

This is probably the best news of the week!

• 3 weeks later...

o

12 OUTS: 4 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 3 Strikeouts, 1 Poput, 1 Flyout, 1 Lineout, 1 Thrown Out Stealing

CHRISTOPHER STEVEN TILLMAN O(vs. TIGERS, 3/30) O[spring Training]

IP:. 4

H:;; 3 ll(1 Home Run, 2 Singles)

R:l) 1

BB: 3

SO: 3

Pitches: 71 (40 Strikes, 31 Balls)

PITCHES BY INNING

23 (14 Strikes, 9 Balls)

16 (81 Strikes, 8 Balls)

16 (91 Strikes, 7 Balls)

16 (91 Strikes, 7 Balls)