Chris Tillman

weams

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/170509696/chris-tillman-carlos-gonzalez-statcast-stars

For example, last year, Tillman's four-seamer averaged 92.3 mph with a relatively middle-of-the-pack spin rate of 2,251 rpm. But when he struck out Eddie Rosario, it was 93.5 mph and 2,465 rpm. When Tillman whiffed Trevor Plouffe, it was 95.8 mph and 2,517 rpm. While getting Byung Ho Park to take a called strike, it flashed 95 mph and 2,419 rpm. He finished off Park off with a slider.

So more velocity + increased spin rate? Nice...

I've rarely if ever seen Chtis Tillman have such good stuff and command in the first two innings of a game. Explosive fastball, snapping curve, located wherever he wanted to put them. It's a shame the rain delay cut his start short. I'd love to see more of THAT Chris Tillman.

67332435.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist! lol

He looked good, but I've seen this one before.

I'll never forget when he came back to the big leagues in 2012 and got recalled in Seattle. He came out throwing 96-97 in the first inning and everyone was praising Rick Peterson.
First inning against Detroit in the playoffs.....he was hitting 96.

And 2 innings last night.

Forgive me if I don't get too excited yet.

Let's see if he is sitting 94 in May. Hell, I'll take 92-93.

His stuff looked great. I'd expect not everything will remain that great, as some things will probably yo-yo with him, as they always seem to do. But as long as he has one thing working. The last few years he seems to have lost all feel for the curve, and then when you're throwing 89-91, it leaves no room for error. It would be great if he could go into every start with the fastball humming and the curve with that kind of movement and command. But if not, just having one of those on every start would allow him to not have to be so perfect and nibble all the time.

Stop pitching to Evan Longoria. He owns you. He destroys you. He annihilates you. He wrecks your ****. Rarely have I seen a guy obliterate a pitcher more than Evan Longoria does to Chris Tillman. And the thing is Tillman just keeps on coming at him. You see that little imaginary box that represents the strike zone? Don't throw it there to Longoria. Especially with the bases empty, don't think about, don't try it, don't do it.

Stop pitching to Evan Longoria. He owns you. He destroys you. He annihilates you. He wrecks your ****. Rarely have I seen a guy obliterate a pitcher more than Evan Longoria does to Chris Tillman. And the thing is Tillman just keeps on coming at him. You see that little imaginary box that represents the strike zone? Don't throw it there to Longoria. Especially with the bases empty, don't think about, don't try it, don't do it.

Fixed your screen name for you.

Archived