4/17/08 Pale Hose at Orioles

Why Not?

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ramon would have had to play SS or 3B and the only position he can play is 1st. So you could have put Millar at 3B and Hernandez at 1B but that wouldn't have been good...

I'm aware, I think it might have possibly been better, although I haven't seen Millar take grounders at third like the coaching staff presumably has. I trust their judgement.

Does the Pitcher's spot go into Ramon's spot (I'm assuming he's not catching, and Quiroz is still in there), which would be the nine hole, correct?

Edit: I realize this sentence is not an actual sentence, but I'm too amped too fix it.

Correct Sherrill would be in the 9 hole.

The Orioles have never had Mora play shortstop before have they. I have never heard of this DH rule before. Is it new?

Mora hasn't played SS since one game in 2004.

The DH rule has always been the rule, as far as I know. It just doesn't come up very often.

I'm aware, I think it might have possibly been better, although I haven't seen Millar take grounders at third like the coaching staff presumably has. I trust their judgement.

Millar doesn't have the arm to play third. I suspect he literally couldn't throw the ball to first base from there.

Archived