Chaz Roe, Zach Phillips assigned to Norfolk. Clear Waivers

Crazysilver03

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what is the difference between Gonzo, Roe and Phillops. They were all put on waivers.

Different waivers. Gonzalez release waivers before the deadline. I'll explain it in PMs if you like. Andy MacPhail explained the different waiver classes to me in a one on one tutorial one nice day.

Different waivers. Gonzalez release waivers before the deadline. I'll explain it in PMs if you like. Andy MacPhail explained the different waiver classes to me in a one on one tutorial one nice day.

Ok, a question. If Oliver Drake goes back and forth from AAA to Baltimore he is paid a MLB minimum with the Orioles and a minor league amount when at AAA?

If for the sake of argument Givens gets optioned to AAA what about him? Does service time matter?

Are you saying anyone on the 40 man is paid their MLB salary?

Think it'd be helpful for the entire forum if you'd be willing to post it for all.

Being optioned does not change your pay.

Yes. I am. They are union members. They do not accrue service time while in the minors though.

Ok for some reason I always thought it mattered. A player like Avery will have a split contract though but not a 40 man player.

• 4 weeks later...
Chaz Roe is putting up some numbers in Norfolk. Must have that nasty slider going again.

8.2 innings pitched. 5 hits, 1 walk, 17 strikeouts. I'm not sure where he fits in but he's probably at the top of the depth chart.

I was surprised he cleared waivers, and I am happy to have him as depth. He was very solid last season.

Chaz Roe is putting up some numbers in Norfolk. Must have that nasty slider going again.

8.2 innings pitched. 5 hits, 1 walk, 17 strikeouts. I'm not sure where he fits in but he's probably at the top of the depth chart.

Unfortunately both him and Drake belong in the majors but are blocked. They are good depth to have down there in case of an injury but I'm sure they both would prefer to be on a major league roster somewhere.

Unfortunately both him and Drake belong in the majors but are blocked. They are good depth to have down there in case of an injury but I'm sure they both would prefer to be on a major league roster somewhere.

They will be joined by someone off the major league roster today who also does not serve to be in the minors. Unfortunate for these guys but great for the O's when injuries or non performance hist the pitching staff--- as it does every year.

• 1 month later...

It's a 40 man thing with these guys. But we definitely have some guys on there we could get rid of. With Roe and Beato it's that they are out of options. So if we were calling one up it might just be for a few games and then boom we completely lose them from the system. Now as for Drake, he deserves to be up over Duensing. Duensing isn't anything special.

Archived