AAA Beliveau (L)

AAA Cabral (L)

AAA A. Oliver (L)

AAA Tolliver (L)

AAA Olmos (L)

AA Hart (L)

A Cleavinger (L)

A Scott (L)

I highly doubt DD is working to acquire another one...

If that was their logic there would have been no need to acquire Phillips.

So here is a question.

Do Roe and Phillips earn their major league salary in the minors or do the earn less?

The way I understand it in order to cut the salary through the termination clause the player has to be put on waivers by March 30th. That is what they did with Gonzo. If both Roe and Phillips have cleared waivers they could very well have put on them on March 30th.

That would means that the O's only owe the 25% of their major league salary or what ever amount was negotiated for them to accept the assignment to AAA.

I will be watching to see if I can hear more about this in the coming days.

So here is a question.

Do Roe and Phillips earn their major league salary in the minor or do the earn less?

The way I understand it in order to cut the salary through the termination clause the player has be put on waivers by March 30th. That is what they did with Gonzo. If both Roe and Phillips have cleared waivers they could very well have put on them on March 30th.

That would means that the O's only owe the 25% of their major league salary or what ever amount was negotiated for them to accept the assignment to AAA.

I will be watching to see if I can hear more about this in the coming days.

Full MLB salary.

Here is how it works. If a journeyman MLB player signs a minor league contract it can be a split contract that specifies rates to be paid in the minor leagues or if the player is assigned to the 25 man roster. It can also have an opt out if not promoted.

A straight MLB contract, like both of these 40 man roster players were, when out-righted and accepting their assignment, retain their negotiated MLB salary. That is how it works.

Here is how it works. If a journeyman MLB player signs a minor league contract it can be a split contract that specifies rates to be paid in the minor leagues or if the player is assigned to the 25 man roster. It can also have an opt out if not promoted.

A straight MLB contract, like both of these 40 man roster players were, when out-righted and accepting their assignment, retain their negotiated MLB salary. That is how it works.

So what is the difference between Gonzo, Roe and Phillops. They were all put on waivers.

Archived