Chaz Roe, Zach Phillips assigned to Norfolk. Clear Waivers

Crazysilver03

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jerry Crasnick (who reported this) is a sports writer, currently covering baseball for the sports website ESPN.com. He probably garbled the language in that it is how it was listed on an waiver log that he had access to.

Yes and would have removed Henry U from 40-man (assuming other 2 open spots have a purpose).

I am not a front office hater, but I disagree with this move. I would've done what you are suggesting. I saw this coming and think it is a mistake.

Was there room for Roe if Worley made the team? I like Roe, but I never did think there was much room for him.

With Gonzo, Worley, and Bundy filling out the back end of the pitching staff there wasn't room. But they could have kept Roe if they had optioned Wilson.

I am not a front office hater, but I disagree with this move. I would've done what you are suggesting. I saw this coming and think it is a mistake.

What would you have done when they needed the fifth starter? Are you for dumping Worley in favor of Roe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Roe was on the roster bubble. Has plenty of talent & showed last year he could pitch in MLB. Someone will grab him <a href="https://t.co/HZ71cbkQgy">https://t.co/HZ71cbkQgy</a></p>? Dan Connolly (@danconnolly2016) <a href="
">April 1, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

UUgg I think somebody is going to grab him. :(

Roe's got a wicked slider but he's overall not very good. He's essentially a ROOGY and that keeps him from being all that useful in our pen, particularly since it keeps him from pitching multiple innings effectively. He was just kept around for depth purposes, for health in spring training.

Roe's got a wicked slider but he's overall not very good. He's essentially a ROOGY and that keeps him from being all that useful in our pen, particularly since it keeps him from pitching multiple innings effectively. He was just kept around for depth purposes, for health in spring training.

Valid points sir. Depth is important though.

What would you have done when they needed the fifth starter? Are you for dumping Worley in favor of Roe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first response is yes. However, that is a bit unfair because I haven't seen much of Worley. What I would really have done is tried to keep Roe for now - knowing that an injury could pop up at any time. A lot could change before a roster crunch might force me to release Roe.

Archived