Chaz Roe, Zach Phillips assigned to Norfolk. Clear Waivers

Crazysilver03

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Zach Phillips and Chaz Roe both cleared waivers. Will be outrighted to AAA. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">April 1, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Zach Phillips cleared as well. A good way to spend an extra couple thousand dollars.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Zach Phillips and Chaz Roe both cleared waivers. Will be outrighted to AAA. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

Zach Phillips cleared as well. A good way to spend an extra couple thousand dollars.

Agreed. Has anyone confirmed McFarland made the team?

The Phillips acquisition is so odd to me. To outright him not even a week after signing him. Was it really worth Jones? Oh well.

I don't see a lot of options other than this one. I'd rather have Wilson in the bullpen until they need him as a starter than Roe.

It is also really easy to make the argument that he has a better chance to clear today than 4-7 days into the regular season. Right now, almost everyone is in a roster crunch which means they would have to DFA or option someone to pick up Roe. Once the season starts, people always get hurt. That means you can DL a guy to grab Roe and give him a shot.

I don't think he would get through waivers in either scenario but I am comfortable that it is a better shot today than after the season starts. We will see.

I loved the guy's slider last year, but something happened to his arm during the season. His fastball movement and finish looked much, much worse at the end of the year. The fastball looked marginally better in the couple times I saw him this spring, but still not good. He was also occasionally still throwing dump truck sliders.

I wish him well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It worked so nice he did it twice.

MacFarland but strongly believe our lefty is not in organization yet.

Considering the number of LH relievers in the organization:

MLB Britton (L)

MLB Matusz (L)

MLB McFarland (L)

AAA Phillips (L)

AAA Beliveau (L)

AAA Cabral (L)

AAA A. Oliver (L)

AAA Tolliver (L)

AAA Olmos (L)

AA Hart (L)

A Cleavinger (L)

A Scott (L)

I highly doubt DD is working to acquire another one...

Archived