Nolan Reimold is a personal favorite of mine

Barnaby Graves

Just 16 homers for the year (over 500 at bats) in AAA at age 26. But really, it's the .305 OBP that needs the biggest improvement, imo - for him to be taken seriously by any MLB team. Consider Reimold has a lifetime .327 OBP - in the majors, and Alverez is only .305 at AAA.

He means Pedro Alvarez, not Dariel Alvarez.

Pedro Alvarez is just getting confused for everyone these days!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't hate the man at all. He is just not one of my favorites. He's doing good

and hope he stays healthy.

You're one of the main people I always see on here bashing the guy. As I said, I don't get it. There's clearly not a better player in the minors, so he's not blocking anyone. By all accounts, he's a good teammate and good guy. Don't understand the bashing.

Nolan Remold could be an EASY guy to root for. He's kindve a "Rocky" character. Overcome two very serious neck surgeries which could've easily derailed his career. Personal family issues, rejected and released and rejected again..He's the Rasputin of the Orioles. I always thought he played the game the right way. Great eye, runs hard, has an aggressive style of play and VERY VERY athletic. He needs a chance and a place to play when healthy. He's on a roll now. For how long? Who knows. When Jones comes back, he'll sit on the bench...but he is a solid option if theres a need. I love the guy. He's not very talkative or colorful. He's just a club fighter who never gives up. Whats NOT to like.

The only thing not to like is that he is seemingly just around the corner from another injury. That's the only knock I have against the guy and unfortunately, it's a big one. Staying healthy is the major concern and due

to that, he is not an every day player nor should the Orioles rely on him in such a role. If he stays healthy, he is an outstanding backup outfielder, but I'm not sure he could stay healthy playing every day.

He means Pedro Alvarez, not Dariel Alvarez.

Pedro Alvarez is just getting confused for everyone these days!

Pedro Alvarez is the guy who called Baltimore a horse**** town and then punched a judge on the beach after burning himself in a tanning bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Nolan. Seems like a hard nosed type of player. And going deep of Rivera for a game-winner is something I'll never forget.

I think he could have had a great career if he had been able to stay healthy. Glad to see him keep sticking with it, and I hope he can be productive here this year.

Reimold is also the only player ever to hit his first career home run off of Mariano Rivera.

I was there in the right-field bleachers in Yankee Stadium, too.

He crushed it into straightaway center-field. After he hit it, I heard a Yankee fan that was sitting behind me ask, "Who the hell was THAT???" ll:eektf:

Ah, but Memory, she is a shifty mistress. This never happened. Reimold did indeed hit his first career home run off of Mariano Rivera, but it was a meaningless solo shot that cut the Yankees' lead from 11-3 to 11-4. The box score of that game (May 20, 2009).

Quite possible you're conflating your Reimold-Rivera memory with your memory of this game, a mere seven days later, when Reimold indeed did hit a walk-off three-run home run against Toronto. Quite a week Reimold had; that walk-off was his fourth career homer. I remember how exciting he was in his rookie campaign after tearing it up at Norfolk for a month, and again when he started off 2012 on a roll. I'm really glad he's healthy and productive for us right now.

No, I am not confusing it. I happened precisely the way that I said that it did.

I know that it was a meaningless home run, and it was off of Mariano Rivera.

Go back a reread my post. I never said that it was a game-winner. I quoted the previous poster because he was talking about a Reimold home run off of Mariano Rivera. And a Yankee fan behind me did indeed say, "Who the hell was that?", just as I remember.

No, I am not confusing it. I happened precisely the way that I said that it did.

I know that it was a meaningless home run, and it was off of Mariano Rivera.

Go back a reread my post. I never said that it was a game-winner. I quoted the previous poster because he was talking about a Reimold home run off of Mariano Rivera. And a Yankee fan behind me did indeed say, "Who the hell was that?", just as I remember.

I don't need to reread your post, thanks, but you're welcome to if it means that much to you. I was responding chiefly to Moose in regard to his comment that Reimold hit a game-winning home run off of Mariano Rivera. I grouped your post with Moose's in my comment because you wrote that "Reimold is also the only player ever to hit his first career home run off of Mariano Rivera." I took your statement, particularly because of the also in it, to mean something like "What you have said is true, and it is also true that Reimold is the only player ever to hit his first career home run off of Mariano Rivera." Your comment seemed to be corroborating something that isn't so, and I can be forgiven for that inference, I think, due to your wording. I've no reason to refute your anecdote about the conversation you had at the game, and that wasn't my intention in the first place.

I don't need to reread your post, thanks, but you're welcome to if it means that much to you. I was responding chiefly to Moose in regard to his comment that Reimold hit a game-winning home run off of Mariano Rivera. I grouped your post with Moose's in my comment because you wrote that "Reimold is also the only player ever to hit his first career home run off of Mariano Rivera." I took your statement, particularly because of the also in it, to mean something like "What you have said is true, and it is also true that Reimold is the only player ever to hit his first career home run off of Mariano Rivera." Your comment seemed to be corroborating something that isn't so, and I can be forgiven for that inference, I think, due to your wording. I've no reason to refute your anecdote about the conversation you had at the game, and that wasn't my intention in the first place.

I said that Reimold also hit his first home run ever off of Rivera, in response to the previous poster's statement that Reimold hit a game-winning home run off of Rivera.

I did not insinuate or imply anything else. You ran with something that I never said, nor implied.

Have always been a Reimold fan since doing the draft write-up for the OH 10+ years ago. Nolan has a nice combination of strength and speed and a good eye at the plate. It is a shame his career has been derailed by injuries because he could have been a solid regular at a good cost to the Orioles.

It is hard to believe he will distinguish himself at this point after everything he has been through, but the opportunity is there.

He and Schoop are my favorite Orioles.Ive always been one of the biggest Rhino fans on the board. When he runs, he looks like his hair is on fire.

It's funny you said that Roy. I was just thinking that Reimold could have been a Gary Roenicke-type player if he hadn't gotten hurt and had some bad breaks. And since it's spring and all, it's fun to think that maybe Nolan has one of those seasons in him that just hasn't come out yet.

I said that Reimold also hit his first home run ever off of Rivera, in response to the previous poster's statement that Reimold hit a game-winning home run off of Rivera.

I did not insinuate or imply anything else. You ran with something that I never said, nor implied.

I think my previous post shows otherwise, whether you intended to or not. Perhaps we differ on what also means or what its use implies in discourse. My Webster's Eleventh has it as "likewise," "in addition," "besides," "too"; the implication is agreement. If agreement was not your intention, then your use of also was a rhetorical slip. Had you not used it, and had you thus not implied that you were agreeing with a nonfact, I would have left your post out of mine and thereby avoided entering into the silliest argument ever to appear in the forums of Orioles Hangout.

I think my previous post shows otherwise, whether you intended to or not. Perhaps we differ on what also means or what its use implies in discourse. My Webster's Eleventh has it as "likewise," "in addition," "besides," "too"; the implication is agreement. If agreement was not your intention, then your use of also was a rhetorical slip. Had you not used it, and had you thus not implied that you were agreeing with a nonfact, I would have left your post out of mine and thereby avoided entering into the silliest argument ever to appear in the forums of Orioles Hangout.

This is the last I am going to say on it. I specifically stated that that Reimold also hit his first career home run against Rivera in response to the other poster, who stated that he had hit a game-winner off of Rivera. "Also" in the context that I used it means/meant "additionally." What I said was very clear and simple. I did not in any way imply that it was a game-winner. That was/is entirely your assumption.

Have always been a Reimold fan since doing the draft write-up for the OH 10+ years ago. Nolan has a nice combination of strength and speed and a good eye at the plate. It is a shame his career has been derailed by injuries because he could have been a solid regular at a good cost to the Orioles.

It is hard to believe he will distinguish himself at this point after everything he has been through, but the opportunity is there.

I agree that Reimold's numerous injuries over the years have been very unfortunate, and have interrupted his career greatly. But I also think that Reimold is still young enough that his overall Orioles legacy won't necessarily be primarily remembered for that. He's actually been healthy for the last 2 years, save for a 15-day DL stint in 2014. But in addition to staying healthy, I think that he is going to need some serious playing time (at least 300 or more plate appearances for a couple of seasons or so) to change that perception of him.

Archived