Unsustainable Stats

Bahama O's Fan

Players whose numbers are reasonably close to what I might hope for (just multiply everything by 10):

Schoop: .735 OPS, 3 HR, 8 RBI

Hardy: .763 OPS, 2 HR, 8 RBI

Davis: .964 OPS, 6 HR, 13 RBI

Jimenez: 3 starts, 17 IP, 3.71 ERA

Pretty much everyone else is substantially higher or lower than I think they'll end up, but that's pretty normal for any 16-game stretch.

I think Schoop's OPS is a little lower than I'm hoping for, and Hardy's is a bit higher than I'm expecting, but they're at least in the ballpark. Davis' numbers are about midway between 2013 and 2015, except he's got an extra homer thrown in. I'm not expecting 60, but 50 certainly wouldn't shock anyone.

Gotcha. But I did include this in my post: Hopefully, some of their regression is picked up by Alvarez and Jones who are scuffling.

I wasn't balancing you out. You are actually pretty middle of the road, with a bark.

Lots of ebb and flow during a season. Never as good as you look when you win or as bad as you look when you lose. And all the other classic baseball cliches.

To me the absolute biggest positive surprise to date is the pitch selection by almost everyone. I don't think I need to highlight AJ. If this team can hit and we know it can, this has the potential to have a huge impact.

I think we have been a little lucky to have the results we have given the lack of quality starts from the rotation. And I agree that without improvement, we could fry the bullpen.

Manny is unbelievable and while I do not think he is going to hit .400, I am pretty sure he has reached a point where no one wants to face him.

Rickard will slip, but I like his work ethic and I think he will continue to be valuable.

Kim, has a tremendous work ethic and drive. I will go against the grain and say he eventually makes more folks happy we have him.

And my wild prediction is that Chris Tillman explodes into a dominant pitcher to carry us to WS.

Ok, back to reality! ;)

• 2 months later...
Lots of ebb and flow during a season. Never as good as you look when you win or as bad as you look when you lose. And all the other classic baseball cliches.

To me the absolute biggest positive surprise to date is the pitch selection by almost everyone. I don't think I need to highlight AJ. If this team can hit and we know it can, this has the potential to have a huge impact.

I think we have been a little lucky to have the results we have given the lack of quality starts from the rotation. And I agree that without improvement, we could fry the bullpen.

Manny is unbelievable and while I do not think he is going to hit .400, I am pretty sure he has reached a point where no one wants to face him.

Rickard will slip, but I like his work ethic and I think he will continue to be valuable.

Kim, has a tremendous work ethic and drive. I will go against the grain and say he eventually makes more folks happy we have him.

And my wild prediction is that Chris Tillman explodes into a dominant pitcher to carry us to WS.

Ok, back to reality! ;)

I thought this thread needed an update.

It's a pretty good post on my part and I am surprised that it hasn't been pulled back before...but that's not why I pull it back up.

I am amazed at this "pass the baton" phrase the O's now live and breathe. Adam Jones will probably have more walks by the All Star Game than any year he has previously had in the majors.

I am curious what we think is sustainable. This team mashes the ball, but it it is beginning to show a discipline that has avoided us for years. The BP is one of the best and the defense is also strong.

The starting pitching is and will continue to be the ballast to runaway expectations. But it says here, that the Orioles are one of the best teams in baseball and the team to beat in the AL.

This team is pretty well built and pretty well managed. Frankly I do not see much that is unsustainable or at a clear high point. This team has room to grow.

Is that Kool Aid?

I thought this thread needed an update.

It's a pretty good post on my part and I am surprised that it hasn't been pulled back before...but that's not why I pull it back up.

I am amazed at this "pass the baton" phrase the O's now live and breathe. Adam Jones will probably have more walks by the All Star Game than any year he has previously had in the majors.

I am curious what we think is sustainable. This team mashes the ball, but it it is beginning to show a discipline that has avoided us for years. The BP is one of the best and the defense is also strong.

The starting pitching is and will continue to be the ballast to runaway expectations. But it says here, that the Orioles are one of the best teams in baseball and the team to beat in the AL.

This team is pretty well built and pretty well managed. Frankly I do not see much that is unsustainable or at a clear high point. This team has room to grow.

Is that Kool Aid?

I like Kool Aid...especially the Orange kind! ;)

Archived