Manny to play on Domincan team in WBC next year

SteveA

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure he was born in Florida, dont understand why anyone would want to represent a country they were not born in. My mother was born in Germany but I would never rep them over the US of A.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pretty sure he was born in Florida, dont understand why anyone would want to represent a country they were not born in. My mother was born in Germany but I would never rep them over the US of A.

So you wouldn't agree with Nick Markakis' decision to play for Greece in the Olympics?

So you wouldn't agree with Nick Markakis' decision to play for Greece in the Olympics?

If he is born in the USA and there was a roster spot for him absolutely. I know Im probably a minority in this thinking.

I was born to a Yankee fan father but because I was born in Anne Arundel County I am an O's fan without question.

If he is born in the USA and there was a roster spot for him absolutely. I know Im probably a minority in this thinking.

I was born to a Yankee fan father but because I was born in Anne Arundel County I am an O's fan without question.

I'm not judging, was just curious.

I'm with you. Born and bred and a citizen of the USA then why are you playing for someone else?

I'm with you. Born and bred and a citizen of the USA then why are you playing for someone else?

I don't have a problem with him playing for the DR, but his comments which clearly show a preference and loyalty to the DR over the United States are a bit troubling considering he was born here and is a citizen of the United States. I remember ARod played on Team USA in the first WBC and then on Team DR the next go-round. As much as I don't like ARod, I though that was pretty cool.

The WBC is an awesome event that can only get better if all of the top talent participates. I'm glad Manny is playing for somebody. It's important to continue to grow our game internationally.

Can you guys imagine the team the United States would have if everybody played?

Harper and Trout on the same team? With Donaldson, McCutchen, Goldschmidt, Posey, Bryant, and on and on.

Pitchers- Kershaw, Price, Arrieta, Greinke, Scherzer, Sale, ect.

Unbelievable.

Archived