Manny to play on Domincan team in WBC next year

SteveA

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kind of a shame. I think more people would care if all the best players actually participated.

I think the world would be better if there was a baseball governing body above MLB that anyone cared about that was in charge of international competitions. Like FIFA, just without the endemic corruption. With MLB in charge MLB's priorities will always be first, second, third, and fourth.

With a more robust, active international schedule we might not be mostly in the dark about our 2nd-string LFer. Someone might have actually had the opportunity to see him play recently, along with dozens of other talented, exciting players with new (to us) styles and strategies MLB has never seen.

I think the world would be better if there was a baseball governing body above MLB that anyone cared about that was in charge of international competitions. Like FIFA, just without the endemic corruption. With MLB in charge MLB's priorities will always be first, second, third, and fourth.

With a more robust, active international schedule we might not be mostly in the dark about our 2nd-string LFer. Someone might have actually had the opportunity to see him play recently, along with dozens of other talented, exciting players with new (to us) styles and strategies MLB has never seen.

Sounds good to me.

Archived