Adam Jones and Double Plays

brianod

To be fair, their were quite a few of our hitters, including Manny, who missed some of those fastballs.

To be fair, that at bat looked like someone who was, at the very least, in a slump.

If Buck wants to bring up the quality of Rickard's at bats it is only fair that I can bring up the quality of his at bats.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be fair, their were quite a few of our hitters, including Manny, who missed some of those fastballs.

You could see it against Yates though too in the 8th. He was late on every fastball. Yates had no fear of just pumping them in there b/c he's knows Adam is not getting to the fastball right now.

I think he's still very much hurt. I hate to say it, but I think now he really should've gone on the DL. I think he aggravates the muscle every time he swings. I don't know for sure why he didn't try and throw out the runner at third on a shallow fly ball, but I have to think the injury MAY have played into it.

Yep I agree, I said it before Jones is still ailing, and should have went on the DL. The season is a LONG grind he's not helping the team right now.

I am going to play Devil's advocate. Yes, I am worried about AJ. However, he also hit two fly balls to the warning track vs. Severino. There have been a bunch of other at-'em balls and long outs lately. A couple of degrees to the right and one of those is a triple, or a HR with a good gust of wind. He is on pace for about double his career rate of walks. Some of this may be due to playing banged up, but he is also getting his share of tough luck.

I am going to play Devil's advocate. Yes, I am worried about AJ. However, he also hit two fly balls to the warning track vs. Severino. There have been a bunch of other at

Read the article attached earlier in this thread

The numbers say he has not been hitting in "bad luck"

His LD % is way down

His GB % is way up

He is not hitting

Is he injured?

If he is injured why does he continue to play and hurt the team?

Adam Jones has looked horrible at the plate for almost a year now. With Wieters hitting like a girl most of the time this lineup isnt as strong as we hoped it would be.

The 7-0 start was when Rickard was hitting .350 at lead off. I think the Fowler debacle will really bite us in the end unless Rickard and/or Kim can give us solid leadoff production.

.239/.266/.426/.692 over his last 81 games

That's 1/2 year of below replacement level

Owed 33.6 million dollars for 2017 & 2018 plus the 16.3 for this year.

Pretty much un-tradeable, not a single CF prospect in the O's system

Untradeable??? That's hilarious.

I love Adam but he has really gotten on my nerves lately with inning ending double plays to kill rally's. So, I looked it up. In 21 games, Adam has hit into 6 double plays. If he continues the pace and plays every game from here on out, he would break the major league record of 36, set by Jim Rice by 4. So, I think it's time for a bunt or two. I think it's time for some coaching. Even team leaders have to be told when they need to make an adjustment imo.

I guess it's frustrating for fans but more so for AJ. I think all players go through

this. Hitting into double plays happens to the best players. IMO

He looks a lot slower on the bases. Only 1 infield hit so far (usually gets 20+ every year), and not beating out the DP balls like he used to.

Very true, he never legs anything out

Archived