Machado/Schoop bromance...

Tbone83

I'm starting to think if we want to keep Manny long-term, we are going to need to make sure Schoop is here long-term. Those two seemed joined at the hip on the field, in the dugout, postgame...wherever. I'm waiting for them to show up with matching tattoos or something.:) Seriously though, there is some good chemistry going on with the team right now and I can't picture those two ever playing for different teams. And with the way both of them are playing, I don't want them anywhere else.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do you mean by "core group"?

If you mean Schoop and Machado I am on board, if you start adding names to that list...

You can't take the future of this team seriously if you don't include a long term deal for Joey Rickard

I'm starting to think if we want to keep Manny long-term, we are going to need to make sure Schoop is here long-term. Those two seemed joined at the hip on the field, in the dugout, postgame...wherever. I'm waiting for them to show up with matching tattoos or something.:) Seriously though, there is some good chemistry going on with the team right now and I can't picture those two ever playing for different teams. And with the way both of them are playing, I don't want them anywhere else.

My sentiments exactly. For all the old timers like me here, The Turltles song sums it up perfectly. :D

Talked to Schoop last year in Anaheim. Very, very, humble. Joyful. Always smiling. Speaks 4 or 5 languages . Remembers his roots. Extremely friendly and kind hearted, Easy young man to root for. This is one talented player.He can hit, hit for power, throw like a demon, defend and sometimes he runs. He's 24. Manny's 23.God, will they make some coin in this game. Hopefully the contracts for BOTH of them will be long term ones from us.Id love to see these players stay with us for their careers.

Dutch, English, Spanish, and what else? He does seem like a terrific kid. I'm really happy he's broken out of his early season slump. The best play he made last night wasn't with his bat but with his glove. The double play in the 2nd was huge. I liked seeing that he as a former Little League WS participant reached out to the York team. He really is one of the most likable guys on a team full of them.

Twenty years from now, when we look back on these teams, the joyful interaction of these two guys will be an indelible image in our minds.

It's like Mora, Roberts, and Tejada...but with winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bravo, we need both players here long term.

Archived