April 26 Game two vs the White Sox Trax dominates

weams

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're still arguing over who's fault that was... care to cast your vote? I'm leaning towards Scott but I think it was a team error. I know you don't like errors at all but I think fielders should be able to be charged with half errors like football players can be credited with half sacks or half tackles.

I dislike the concept of E's discriminating against certain kinds of hitters and pitchers, plus [E-rant on hold for elsewhere]. But I also think E's should be called properly. According to my TIVO, that one's a little bit complicated, simply because 3 different guys screwed up on the same throw: Luke, SS-boy, and BRob. Had any one of them done their job right, nothing bad would have happened.

However, the E-rule doesn't permit blame-sharing, so you gotta pick somebody and ring him up (them's the rules). According to that, you gotta ring up SS-boy: he got his glove on it and didn't catch it. Q.E.D. (Plus, he's supposed to be where the throw goes, it's not that hard to do.) But there's plenty of blame to go around.

On a more positive note, we're down by only 3, with more-than-half a game to go.

The one glaring weakness for Trembley as a manager is his deference to players over age 35. Either something has to be done about it or we need to get all the old guys off the roster.

I think Jay "Ridin' the Bench" Payton at the expense of playing time for 30-year-old Scott, 22-year-old Jones, and 24-year-old Markakis would beg to differ.

The runner had stopped, if the cutoff man keeps the ball in front of him the run doesn't score. You rarely see an error on an outfielder making a throw to the cutoff man.

Are you watching the game? Or following online? The best way I can describe it this: Scott was way out on the warning track and as he made the throw, his foot slipped out from under him a bit. Torres was cutoff #1, and Brian was cutoff #2. I don't know if the problem was a bad throw (from the foot slippage) or bad positioning on the cutoff (Torres and Brian appeared to be about 20-25 feet from each other). Torres leapt up to take the throw (perhaps erroneously -- should've let Brian take it?). The ball did tick off his glove and trickled towards Brian. Brian attempted to pick up the ball and bobbled it. A bad play all around...

Archived