Adam Jones really looks lost at the plate.

flaoriolesfan

That would be why I said "generally seen". Evidently a lot of the folks that saw them play thought Cobb was better. :noidea:

Your right, some do.

I am sure, Drungo will chime in with some guy that was great, before 1900! :)

Its all perception, for sure.

Not odd enough to see Babe or Cobb play, but I sure remember Mays playing. :)

Williams had the better eye sight and better bat, but Mays, was 5 tool all the way.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
0: Black & Hispanic players he faced.

I know it wasn't your intention. Let's just not compare players that are 100 years apart, and say "How come Babe Ruth didn't strike out as much."

I wasn't comparing Ruth to AJ, Davis or Trumbo. I didnt know. I wasn't trying to

make this into any kind of racism statement.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YevD1oXP1oU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If I ain't good enough for you

Then maybe baby you ain't good enough, good enough for me.

I guess I stand corrected then.

I have insomnia, it was very early.

I could be wrong or misinterpreting.

Was why I asked.

----------------------------------

Ahh OK, I found it, was from Steve.

Has the blueprint been set: Get the Orioles to chase off-speed pitches?

“Well, I think if they hung one and we hit it out, I don’t think you guys would be saying that, right?” Jones said. “Take the yin with the yang, bro.

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2016/05/adam-jones-lets-get-the-hell-out-of-houston.html

Yea, I don't care much for that quote.

You shouldn't be reliant on the opposing team making mistakes.

I have insomnia, it was very early.

I could be wrong or misinterpreting.

Was why I asked.

----------------------------------

Ahh OK, I found it, was from Steve.

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2016/05/adam-jones-lets-get-the-hell-out-of-houston.html

Yea, I don't care much for that quote.

You shouldn't be reliant on the opposing team making mistakes.

Got it. Thanks. He also said that the reporters have no idea how many ks the team had first game in Anaheim when they hit five out.

o

(JUNE 1st)

Adam Jones as the lead-off hitter in 2016:

23 Plate Appearances

.368 Batting Average

.407 OBP

OFFNY posted this on the lineup thread. I have to say, I thought Buck was nuts but the move really seems to be working. He seems to be more relaxed, not overswinging, hitting to the opposite field, even drawing the occasional walk. He really looks like a different hitter. HRs may suffer but at least he is being productive.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I started this thread almost 3 weeks ago and Adam has done pretty good since

then, I also talked about how bad Flaherty hits in another thread and he went on a

little tear last year. I'm not sure if I have the power of the "Roy Reverse Jinx" or not

but I am going to try. Our pitching staff is great,the best in baseball, I would not

trade any of our starters for any other starters on any team. Thank you.

Okay I started this thread almost 3 weeks ago and Adam has done pretty good since

then, I also talked about how bad Flaherty hits in another thread and he went on a

little tear last year. I'm not sure if I have the power of the "Roy Reverse Jinx" or not

but I am going to try. Our pitching staff is great,the best in baseball, I would not

trade any of our starters for any other starters on any team. Thank you.

I'm not sure I'm following you here:

1. You say Jones looks lost, and then he starts doing well.

2. You say Flaherty is hitting really badly, and then he starts doing well.

3. So then to try to create a reverse jinx you talk about how great our starting staff is? That's backwards!

If our pitching continues to be bad now, I'm blaming you. It certainly can't be the actual players' fault...

I'm not sure I'm following you here:

1. You say Jones looks lost, and then he starts doing well.

2. You say Flaherty is hitting really badly, and then he starts doing well.

3. So then to try to create a reverse jinx you talk about how great our starting staff is? That's backwards!

If our pitching continues to be bad now, I'm blaming you. It certainly can't be the actual players' fault...

Just hoping for the opposite of what I typed. This sure is putting a lot of pressure

on me.

Archived